Chapter 21: The Hunted (Yein & Yerin POV)

First Posted On: July 14th 2017

Last Updated On: July 14th 2017

~ ~ ~

(Yein POV)

Dongdaemun. How I missed you dearly. Those were the days when I could roam free and easy shopping till I dropped. Ever since I became a Lovelyz member, I felt deprived of the need to have new things to look at and try on.

Thankfully, after 'The Boss Is Watching', our CEO gave us a two-week break for our dedicated effort on the show. The past few days were spent with the members and family, but this time, I knew the disturbing matter of Madam K had to be settled.

Jinyoung, Stefan and Yerin thought the same, so we decided to meet each other and assess the situation we were in. Clearly...Madam K was planning something big, because I had not received a chilling text from that unknown person these past few months.

And still, the Lovelyz members have no idea about me and Yerin's (possible) sibling relation. By the way, I was still a little sour over their attitude towards our fellow girl group.

Anyway, I went into Doota mall and carried on my shopping spree. The members said that this is the trendy and more young-people kind of mall...so I thought I'd give it a shot, even though there was a greater likelihood of getting recognised by Lovelinus...and of course Madam K.

The other three were still making their way to Dongdaemun, but I assumed they were almost reaching, so I decided to have a quick browse of the first floor before meeting them.

Big mistake.

Once I completed my round, I spotted two unfamiliar faces at the entrance. But the very fact that they were in black hoodies seemed to make them stand out to me. They looked fidgety; perhaps worried that they might be spotted...but from whom?

I didn't think much of it...until they faced me. That was when they took huge strides in my direction...and grabbed me forcefully.

"Yah! Mmmfffh!" I couldn't speak because they also shut my mouth with their hands. Was this Running Man or something?! Heck, did someone rip some nametag that I was wearing or what?

They dragged me out of the store and into a back alley nearby. There was another hooded man, presumably their leader, waiting for me there. Perhaps both confused and terribly frightened, I began to cry.

"Yep, she's the one," the leader nodded. I thought I saw a glint in his eye. Crap...was he g-g-going to...r-r-rape me?!

He continued pacing around me like a leopard waiting to pounce on its prey. As his soft footsteps scarily echoed throughout the alley, my body kept shuddering. Cold sweat ran down my forehead, but obviously I couldn't wipe it off if my hands are immobile.

"Aigoo~" the leader sighed loudly. "Such a shame isn't it? She's trying to use you as part of her so called master plan... I totally understand if that someone is a beauty...but I'll be blunt about this, you aren't one."

Ouch...that hurt. I admit I am not as pretty as someone like Park Shinhye sunbaenim, but this is too much.

"Why oh why...does it take so long for her master plans to come about?" he grumbled. "She recruits so many of us, mostly through underhand means, but in the end they never satisfy her."

Ah...this guy is probably one of Madam K's 'trusted comrades'. Exactly as Jinyoung described to me previously, he looked intimidating and possibly a mixed martial arts expert.