Chapter 1

I woke up with a pounding in my head. I rolled over on my side and looked at my alarm clock. 11:30. CRAP! I was late for training! I jumped out of bed pulling on a pair of black skinny jeans and a black tank top. I slipped into my Nike running shoes. I threw my hair into a high pony tail, and brushed my teeth. I grabbed my leather jacket off my desk chair and ran out of my room. I pulled my jacket over my shoulders and ran as fast as I could to the training room. Why was the training room across the institute? I ran around the corner and ran right into my mom. I fell over. She put her hand out and helped me up.

"Thanks Clary! I mean mom!" I said.

"Shouldn't you be in training?" She laughed. Yes I had a tendency to call my parents, Jace and Clary, by their first name.

"I know. I'm on my way there right now." I said starting to run again. Clary shouted something after me but I couldn't hear it. As I ran past the library I looked at the clock. 11:40. Ten minutes late. Uh! Becca and Jace were not going to be happy! Jace would make me practice balance again! Standing on a beam for 30 minutes while everyone once and awhile Becca threw something at me! And if I feel down it was an extra five minutes! My feet ran faster. I almost ran past the training room door. I barged in.

"Sorry I'm late!" I shouted only to find Becca sitting in the middle of the room. Becca and I might be twins but we look NOTHING a like. She has brown hair and brown eyes. She always wears black cloths. She's about 5' 9" and almost always wears her hair in pony tails. She has a mix of our parents personality. Mostly Jace's. Me on the other, I have blonde hair and blue eyes I'm 5' 6" and even though most of my cloths are black I have colorful stuff too. I wear my hair down just as much as I wear it up or a braid. I have most of my moms attitude but I can still represent my dad. I walked over to her and sat down across from her.

"Yeah! I was late too! But guess what! No ones here!" She said standing up. She was obviously not happy about something.

"Is it your time of the month?" I smirked.

"EW GROSS! Sarah! That's not okay! And no!"

"Then why are you so crabby?"

"Because I woke up and church was all wet and attacked me!"

"We'll maybe you shouldn't put him in the shower when I'm in there," I smiled and laughed.

"Okay. I guess I did deserve that."

"We are such good sisters! Aren't we?"

"Well since we're going to Parabati today and we're sisters I hope so." We both laughed. Jace walked in the room.

"What are you girls doing in here? No training today remember?" He said walking over to us.

"Why?" Becca asked.

"Because we have to get ready to go to Idris and it's your birthdays today!" He said. "Happy birthday girls!" He said patting our heads.

"How in the world did I forget it was our birthday?!" Becca and I shouted at the same time, causing Jace to laugh uncontrollably. I glared at him.

"Well if its our birthday I have to go get Sarah something. I forgot..." Becca stated walking out of the room. Jace put his arm around me.

"My girls are 15. Wow. I never thought I'd see the day when I had two beautiful girls." He said.

"Thank mom for that." I said.

"Yup. Hey do you like the name Carter or Jacob better?"

"Carter. Why?" I asked looking up at my dad.

"No reason." He said letting go of me and walking out of the room.