Chapter 38

Adam's POV

I can't find Sarah... Anywhere! It's midnight and I can't find her! I'm running around the institute trying to find her and Jason and Kelsi when I hear a lot of crying in the infirmary... That's never a good thing. I walk in and see Becca awake... What's so bad about that. Alec is crying into Magnus's shoulder.

"What's wrong with everyone in here?" I asked. Clary looked up at me. She stood up, walked over to me and wrapped her arms around me. "Aunt Clary? What's wrong?"

"She's dead Adam. Gone, never coming back. We're never gonna see her again," clary cried. Then it hit me.

"No no it's not possible. She wouldn't she couldn't!" I shouted as tears came out of my tears drenching my face.

"But she did," Magnus stated. I couldn't take it anymore. I turned on my heals and ran out of the infirmary and out of the institute. I didn't stop running even when I heard my mom and dad shouting after me. I remembered that Sarah always told me running cleared her mind and right now I needed a clear mind. So I ran I ran as far away as I could knowing I would have to find my way back but at the moment I didn't care. My heart was shattered into billions of pieces with no way to put the pieces back together. The love of my life. I would never see her again. Gone in a matter of seconds. All I did was run.