Chapter 12

Will disappeared after he said I had already started to train using my powers, whatever that meant. I walked down into the kitchen and heard voices.

"We should at least tell Sarah. She's in danger every minute we don't tell her. We knew this would happen," I heard Clary say.

"Aunt Clary, I get that you want to protect her but she has to learn herself what she can do. She's capable of more than any of us know about," Adam said.

"Really mom, we all knew it was going to be like this, didn't we? Every single one of us knew it was going to happen to eventually! Everyone but her is in here and we all want to tell her but its best if we don't. She needs to find out on her own," Becca answered.

"Really Clary we want to we all know we can't though," Izzy replied.

"We'll find the right time but now is not the time," Jace said. I couldn't take them talking anymore. I was already wearing a jacket so I didn't think twice. I ran to the doors of the institute and opened them. I took off running and didn't stop. Tears were draining out of me. Why was I so upset that they didn't tell me? Will had already told me everything so why did it matter? Was it something else? And why did Becca and everyone else know and not me? I honestly could care less right now. I kept running till I was out of breath. I stopped and didn't know where I was. Great now I'm pissed and lost, I thought to myself. What do I do now? Hug a tree? No, well somewhat. I found the nearest tree and climbed it. I sat on a strong branch of it and just sat there. I thought about what had happened and how I was different.

"Uh! Why me?" I asked myself out loud.

"Because you're different." I heard a voice beneath me say. I almost fell out of my tree as I looked down to see Adam.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"I want to talk," he answered.

"Well your out of luck. I don't talk to people who aren't honest with me. How did you even know where I was anyway?"

"Sarah please come out of the tree. Your mom thinks your dead or Sebastian has you. You might have only been gone for 20 minutes but she has every person in the institute looking for you right now. She's worried sick."

"I'm not coming down and you didn't answer my question."

"I knew where you were because this is the place you and I killed our first demon together. It's also the place I realized I loved you, Sarah, please come down. I need to talk to you. Face to face."

I looked down at him and shook my head,"I'm not coming down."

"Well then I'm coming up."

"Have fun. I don't care anymore." Before I knew it he was in front of me.

"I told you I would come up," he said.

"Well if your up I'm down," I said and jumped out of the tree. He did the same. I started to walk away but Adam grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him.

"Sarah, you're not safe anymore. Sebastian needs you to survive and be will do anything to get to you. He's going to try and get in your head. Mess with your mind. Try and tell you that who you trust and who you love can't be trusted but you need to fight that. You need to think more with you mind not your heart. Your just like your dad. You think to much with your heart. If it weren't for that we'd be at the institute right now and you'd be opening the many birthday presents that you got along with Becca."

"I still don't understand why everyone knows this but me. I mean it seems everyone know what is different about me but me."

"Your special. You can see things and do things others can't," Adam said pulling out his phone and texting someone quick before putting it back in his pocket.

"But how does everyone know about me but me? I mean I just found out about my abilities. Don't you think I'd be the first to know about them?"

"No. We've known since the day Tessa died protecting you from Sebastian," he sighed.

"How do you know about this?"

"I have my secrets too Sarah. I can't tell you everything." He said as he closed the gap between us. His lips were on mine. I'm not really the loving type so the first thing I would've done was knee him were the sun doesn't shine, but this was Adam. I don't know why but he was different. We were still kissing when I heard a stick break. I pulled away from me and turned around. There stood Alec. The last person I expected to see.

"You're both lucky it was me and not either of your parents. Don't worry. My lips are sealed," he said as laughed and walk over to us. He stood in between us.

"Just so they don't get suspicious," he said throwing his arms around our shoulders as we started to walk back to the institute.