Chapter 5

My parents had always been a little secretive but lately it was growing. As we walked thru the portal and landed in the library I noticed my dad talking to Magnus. As soon as they noticed us Magnus walked away. Clary ran over to Jace as they started to talk in hushed voices. She looked amazed and scared and worried all at the same time. I looked over at Becca.

"What do you think they're talking about?" I asked.

"Who knows. I need to know though. Did dad ask you if you liked Carter or Jacob better?" She answered.

"Yeah. I said Carter, why?"

"Why do you think they asked us that?"

I thought to myself then finally said, "I think mom might be pregnant."

"Okay at least I'm not the only one who thinks that."

"We should ask!" I said a little to loud. Jace and Clary looked over at us. Becca threw her head in her hands. Jace laughed as him and Clary walked over to us.

"Ask us what?" Clary asked as she sat down in the chair next to me.

"Uh... Um... Uh... SARAH WANT TO ASK YOU A QUESTION!!!" Becca shouted as she started to run out if the library, only to be stopped by Jace.

"Sit," he said pointing to the chair on the opposite side of me. I was standing leaning against a table.

"What did you want to know Sarah?" Clary looked up at me.

"Well, I know dad asked me and Becca what name we liked better and I heard you and dad talking how you don't care what you named him as long as we were happy. And... Umm... I guess I just want to know why." I said.

Clary looked up at Jace, "we were gonna have to tell them soon anyway and you promised we'd tell them today." Clary said.

"Tell us what!" Becca said standing up only to be pushed down by Jace. She stared up at him. "I wasn't going to leave," she scowled making me giggle. She glared at me.

"Okay Sarah you should sit too," Clary said standing up and letting me sit down. I always to jumpy and couldn't sit so I stood back up and leans against the table. Clary smiled and tried not to laugh.

"Okay! Enough! Mom and dad please! Tells us!" Becca shouted.

"Okay fine. We asked you whether you liked the names Carter or Jacob because...-" Clary started. She looked at the floor.

"Because...?" Becca and I said in unison.

"Jace is going to tell you!" Clary said running out of the room. We all watched her go.

"I told her I'd tell you guys anyway. Okay so your mother is pregnant..." Jace said.

"I KNEW IT!!!" Becca and I shouted at the same time. All three of us laughed.

"No, no, girls there's more. We went to Magnus today and asked how he was going and Magnus said that your mom is going to have twins. Two boys. So we are going to name the Carter and Jacob."

Becca and I looked at each other. We both realized something at the same time, "well shit!" We both said. Jace laughed at us not even caring we just swore in front of him.

"What?" He asked still laughing.

"Okay so Becca (15) and I (15) are two kids in the institute. And then there's Adam (15) and Lily (7) and Bryce (15) who are all Simon and Izzy's kids so that's five of us. Then there's Carter and Jacob who are expected. So that's seven and then Simon and Izzy's other two that are expected! God! There's so many of us! AND WAIT! Then there's Alec and Magnus's kid that they adopted Emily (15) and Naomi (15)! That's like ten of us!" I said.

"That eleven of us Sarah," Becca laughed.

"Well is better find your mother and talk to her. See you girls later," Jace said walking out the library.

"Yea I'm gonna go see ya later sis," Beeca walked out after him leaving me to my thoughts and thousands of unread words.

---------------------------------------------

A/n the little ( ) with the number in them is the kids age.

Happy reading! Comment what you think!

~Read on