Chapter 20

Sarah's POV

After I told them everything they looked at me I like had just killed a puppy, which I would never do. Finally I lost it.

"Well say something! I didn't just randomly raise a demon, save a girl that I just met, and run eight miles before opening a portal to be stared at like a crazy person!" I said staring into my dads eyes expecting him to say something. They were still silent. "Huh!" I threw my hands in the air and pushed myself out of the chair. I stormed out of the library and walked into my room. I grabbed my phone and ear buds off my nightstand and opened my window. I grabbed the downspout that was near my window and started to climb up it. I got to the roof and pulled myself up. I walked to the middle of the roof and face the horizon where the sun would be coming up soon. I plugged in my earbuds and stuck one in my ear. I turned my music on shuffle and just thought.

"Why me? What's so special about me? I don't even understand it!" I said knowing nobody would answer. I almost started to laugh. "Come at me Sebastian. I'm stronger than you think." I smiled as the sun started to peak out from under the horizon. It looked like a giant ball of fire but it was beautiful. I smiled as I leaned back and fell asleep on the roof of the institute where nobody even thought of looking for me.

Becca's POV

Sarah ran out awhile ago. I knew I should go after her so I did. I followed her to her room and when she slammed the door shut I waited a little while before walking into her room. I was empty. Her window was open and her phone and earbuds were gone. I ran to the window and looked out. I couldn't see her. I ran back to the library where the parents were arguing about something and the were fiddling their thumbs looking uncomfortable. I walked over to Adam, Bre, Kelsi, Bryce, Naomi, Lily, and Emily. I told them to come with me and they didn't hesitate. We walked into Sarah's room and it was still empty the window was still open.

"What's up and why are we in Sarah's room?" Kelsi asked as she plopped down on Sarah's bed.

"Sarah's gone. I followed her to her room and when I came in she wasn't here. Her window was open and her phone and earbuds are missing," I explained. Bre walked over to the window and looked out. Finally she said,"did you guys know that you have a downspout between these two rooms? Sarah's and the one on the left. It goes straight to the roof," she stated as she pointed out the window. In two long strides I was by the window from standing by the door. I stuck my head out and looked around. Sure enough there was a downspout attached to the side of the institute.

"Okay. I'm gonna go see if she's up on the roof," I said starting to climb out the window.

"Be careful!" I heard Emily shout. I rolled my eyes and started to climb the downspout. I reached the roof and pulled myself up. I looked around and sure enough Sarah was laying in the middle of the roof watching the sun come up and listening to music. I carefully climbed back down and into the window. Everyone looked at me. I took a breath,"she's up there. I don't think she's asleep but I don't think we should bother her. Lets just let her think." They all looked at me and nodded.

"What do we do if someone asks where she is?" Adam asked.

"Come up with a reason she's not here," Bre said.

"Okay well lets get out of her room. It may be 6:45 but I need some sleep. Bre you can sleep in the room to the right of Sarah if you want." I yawned.

"Thanks." She said as we all walked to our room and went to sleep.