Chapter 39

*TWO MONTH RULE*

May

"So, what do you want to get? My treat!" I smiled across the table at Bradley, my hands folded under my chin. My nails felt weird bare, but I promised Bradley he could paint them after dinner. He wanted to know how hard it was.

For his twenty first birthday, his goal was to have alcohol for the first time since he was eighteen.

"May, you're nineteen. I have to buy alcohol silly girl." He laughed and I imagined him shaking his head.

"I'm paying you back, though."

"Just give me a kiss and we'll be equal. Deal?"

"Deal." I agreed.

Apparently the place we were at was fancy and it has been known for "the best wine ever" according to Bradley.

"Welcome, my name's Amy. What can I get you to drink?" An enthusiastic voice suddenly said.

"May?"

"I'll just have water please."

"And for you?" The waitress asked.

"Can I please have a Piton Nior?" 

"ID please?" the waitress requested and I heard the rustling of Bradley taking out the card. "Hmm, happy birthday and I'll be right back."

"Thank you." Bradley mumbled and I grabbed his hand from across the table. 

"Are you okay?" I asked softly, rubbing circles wit my thumb.

"Yes. I'm just...I'm twenty one and I don't know what to do with my life." he admitted.

"Well, what are you good at?" 

The chatter around us seemed to dim as I thought about what he's told me. He likes soccer- football he calls it- but that's too much contact to play professionally. He really, really loves dogs...but they're nothing you can do with that. I know he can play the piano, ukulele and guitar, but he's never showed me, so why would he show the world? I remembered something he once told me and smiled.

"Bradley! Why don't you do art?" I gasped.

"I...I don't know." he sounded nervous.

"Are you any good? I bet you are!" I was practically bouncing in the seat when the wine and my water arrived and she took our food orders. When I heard her retreat, I went back to the conversation.

"I'm...decent."

"I want to one day be able to see your art." I sighed dreamingly.

"I hope you do, too." he agreed and grabbed my other hand in his. 

"We should try to get people to look at your art." I said as he pulled his hand away to take a sip of his wine.

"Is it any good?" I asked curiously.

"Here. I'm going to hold it for you, so don't be worried when you feel something against your lips." he laughed and I heard him move to stand behind my chair. 

He placed the glass carefully to my lips and tipped it slightly up. I put my hand over his to assist and when he pulled it away, I felt a pair of warm lips hit mine for a second and he laughed before sitting back down.

"That didn't feel like glass." I teased and he laughed again.

"How did the wine taste?" he asked.

"It was good." I scrunched up my nose before saying, "It was kinda weird too."

"Well, it tastes good to me." he chuckled.

"Are you smiling?" I asked him.

"Yes. More than ever before." he sounded almost confused.

"I mean right now." I explained hastily.

"Of course. I always smile when I'm near you." he responded and I blushed.

"I love you." I whispered.

"More than anything." he finished.

_________________________

Someone stole my book idea and iM TRIGGERED

Idk who or what but someone said that to me and I nearly screamed.

Its my moms 38th birthday today. (yes she's young.)

K

Bai

-Rose