Chapter Twenty Nine

May

It was one thirty nine in the after noon when my phone went off. I was sitting cross legged on my bed, reading a brail book while listening to Debussy. I always had a soft spot for classical.

I put on the speaker phone and pressed the brail sign for Read Message.

The soothing English accented voice that I set my phone for began reading my text.

Dear May,

I hope you can hear this. It's Bradley. I knew what Im doing has been inevitable since I was ten. Mayella, I never thought the day I met you five months ago would change me so much. I asked you why you weren't looking at me. I was afraid it was because of how I looked. I know I'm ugly, but I didn't think it was that bad. I was shocked when you told me you were blind. remember that I kept staring at you the entire group session. The attack I had would send most people away in seconds, but you came back to me. When you visited me in the hospital, it was the only thing keeping me alive. I gained my happiness back when I saw you, but as soon as you left, I would be done for. I left because I knew I would never be able to help you and be what you need. I care about you so much. That's why I'm going to say it so I can go knowing I did admit it to you and everyone, including myself.
I love you, Mayella Grace Smith.

___________________

THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE TRIGGERING SO IM WARNING YOU. IT HAS BEEN IN THE MAKING SINCE CHAPTER TWO OF THIS BOOK WITH THE LOVELY HOBO AKA edvorilov
I WISH YOU ALL LUCK AND GRAB THE TISSUES BC IM CRYING WRITING IT.

-Rose