Weeeeeeeee

Nico's POV

               It was just our first day of classes and already, my teacher, or our so-called "professor" hated me. "Professor McGonagall" was what she called herself. In my opinion, she looked like an old hag. All the Slytherins seemed to hate her too.

               "Transfiguration." she said. "is the BEST subject that we would ever take up." Then she seemed to notice me. We  seem to have a new student in this class. Please do your work in a table over there." she said, gesturing to a black stone table in the corner.

                I rushed towards it, and plopped my bag containing all my books on it, and it made a loud sound that echoed, filling the ears of our professor and my fellow Slytherins. Draco gave me a thumbs-up. I pretty much thought at first that no one could be as pale as he could be, but when I looked at myself in the mirror, I thought, "Oh wait, I'm even paler then he is." Then he told me, "You look like a ghost."

               "There are ghosts in Hogwarts too, right?"

               "Yup, and I guess that you have added your dear sister on the list of them."

               Anyways, I didn't really remember on how our conversation went." Getting back to class...

               "Did all of you bring your animals today?" professor asked, and we all nodded. She gestured to me. "Nico, since you are new, I will be teaching you how to turn your rat into a water cup. Now repeat after me, Vera Verto."

               "Vera Verto." Then I tapped my rat three times with my wand. It turned into metal. As in, solid metal, and I heard a chorus of laughter behind me, where the Slytherins where sitting. All of them... except for Draco... and her. She was one of the prettiest and sweetest girls in Slytherin, and I had been wanting to be friends with her since, well, since yesterday. Whenever I looked at her, my heart felt like it was going to explode.

               "Nico." I heard a voice say from beside me, and I snapped back into reality.

               "Whaaa- what happened?" I asked, confused.

               "Class is over." Draco said.

                "Oh."

               As we were going out the doorway, she smiled at me, and my heart practically exploded. I felt heat rushing into my face, and knew that I was blushing. Oh well, if life here was going to be like this, then I guess I had better survive it.