The Hidden Corridor

Cort's POV

          I really can't believe that I made a fool of myself back there. The girl was really pretty, and cute. I sigh. Can't I ever be normal?  Oh, wait, I forgot. I really ain't. Being a wizard ain't normal.  During the whole day the only thing I could do was to think about HER. It had to be her. But I guess failing all my subjects isn't going to help me.

          It's finally the end of the day. I have another chance now. I walk into the common room, and she's standing right there, talking to nobody. I approach her.

         "Hey." I say.

          Hazel looks up, startled. "C'mon, I'll show you the library." I say, and silently shout at myself. I mean, seriously? The library? I could kill myself right now. But she smiles at me. "Sure." she says.

          ~Looking for the library~

          "I know it's somewhere here." I say, nervous because we're alone and I don't really know the way to the library. We suddenly end up in front of a wooden door. It looks like I've got it right after all. Hazel and I both reach for the doorknob and our hands meet. I could feel myself blushing. But I can see her blushing too. I open the door anyway and decide not to say anything. It looks like we're in the wrong room, actually. We're in a really long, dark corridor. Hazel suddenly grabs hold of my hand, and I can feel my face turning red.

          "For those who accept the challenge, come forward." A voice booms. " If you do not, go back to where you came from." Instantly, Hazel and I back away and go out the door. We run to the common room, our hands still tight together. Once we're inside, Ernie Macillman spots us.

          "Hey Cort, Hazel." He glances at our hands. " Why are you two holding hands? I bet something's going on.." Hazel suddenly lets go of my hand, her face red.

          "We went to the library."

          "Really? Are you sure?" We both nod. Ernie chuckles, then goes away. Whew, I thought he was going to spread a rumor, right then.

          "Promise not to tell anyone? About, you know, the corridor." I ask Hazel.

          "Promise."