The Dancing Begins

Percy's POV

So the Dauntless were back. Nothing new there, I guess.

When everyone had turned their attention back to the ball, which was walless, (ha, is that even a word?) the band started playing again and we started to dig in the food. Blue food, I need you. Annabeth grabbed my hand and pulled me towards Nico and Beth. Upon seeing us move towards them, Draco disappeared along with Pansy.

"Hey." She waved at both of them as she spoke, scanning Nico and his partner. 

Nico smiled, and so did Beth. "Where's Hazel?" Nico asked us, as she had gone to look for Frank. "And Leo?" 

"They went elsewhere." I told him as he looked around. 

He stopped looking and stared at a mass of people. "Isn't that Hazel between those two?" He squinted. 

We all turned to that direction, trying to make out what was happening. I started to walk towards them. Annabeth tugged on my arm. "Percy, wait." I stopped and watched.

"Hazel, are you going with me.." Frank looked hurt. "Or him?"

Both boys looked at her expectantly, anticipating her answer.

She looked at us helplessly, and her eyes seemed to beg for help.

Annabeth let go of my arm. "Okay, now, go."

The four of us went to them. 

"Hey, could you guys back off my sister for a while?" Nico asked Cort and Frank. "Give her some space." 

"Sure." They both left us alone, occasionally looking back at Hazel and their eyes flickering towards the rest of us.

I waved them off. "Shoo." Then gave Frank an apologetic look for my rudeness. Sorry guys, we have to help Hazel first.

They walked out of sight, and then we comforted Hazel. By now, the other students had left us alone, giving us all some space. (A/N Finally, three hundred words. XD) 

"Hazel, you alright?" Beth asked her comfortingly and patted her back. 

She smiled at us. "Yeah." Her eyes met Nico's. "Thanks Nico, for telling them to back off a little, I couldn't tell them myself."

"And this is why I ended up in Slytherin. I needed to know how to be more cold." I couldn't really tell if Nico was joking or not. That kid would barely let out a smile. I guess Hazel took it as a joke, because she laughed at him. "Suuureee."

Nico shrugged. "Want to find for Leo? I'm figuring that Jason's still in the common room, waiting for Piper." He looked at us. "I'm right, right?"

Annabeth nodded and rolled her eyes. "Yep, Piper wants to look perfect for Jason for the first time in her entire life."

I nodded along with her, confirming it.

The doors of the Great Hall opened at the same time, revealing the demigods that we were talking about, Jason dressed in neat dress robes, and Piper in blue ones, her hair glinting. It seemed like the music stopped as they walked inside, looking like the perfect couple. 

Nico's jaw looked like it was about to break off from the rest of his body. "Woah.."

I couldn't help but agree.