Gala day

Rose's pov

The big day had arrived, Hayley had slept over mine last night so we could give her a lift as her parents couldn't get the time off work. Dad was going to drive us today and mum was staying behind to get the party ready for everyone, I think my mum was more excited then me and Hayley together. It was early morning still but we were ready and packed for the day, Hayley of course insisted in laying out our outfit for the party after so we didn't waste to much time. Leo was going to be there today aswel and I knew that they had been talking non stop since bumping into each other agen, I had a feeling that tonight if all went well they would be back together in no time. It would be so nice to see then back together, there was one worry I had about tonight though and her name was Jessica. She hadn't been seen at the club since coach suspended her but I had a gut feeling that she was going to try something, what I still wasn't shore. The front doorbell rang and dad had managed to get to the door before me, as he opened it I could see Faith was standing there in her leathers and helmet in hand with a backpack in the other. Luckily dad had managed to shut the front door in time so no one could see my pouncing on Faith, legs wrapped around her waist and my lips glued to hers.

''For god sake you to, control yourselves as one day your carelessness is going to be your downfall''  Hayley just laughed and made her way to the kitchen with dad.

''Mmmm you're in the leathers agen, shame we have to go now.''

''Rose behave yourself, you should feel sorry for me. I've got to stand on the side cheering you on and watching you in your costume while thinking about that sexy body underneath it'' I was starting to get wet down below from her talking, I squeezed her tight with my legs to show my turn on.

''Right Faith put Rose down, and get out of the leathers now as we need to go or we will be late. Rose and Hayley grab your gear and go put it in the boot of my car and wait for us outside, we will be out in a minute.'' Faith let go of me straight away, I still found it funny to see how she obeyed my parents every word like one day if she didn't they would stop her from seeing me.

We arrived early and the venue of the gala, there was a lot of people making their way in and parking up. Hayley and me were sitting in the back while dad and Faith were up front (both dad and Hayleys idea so we couldn't get up to anything). Before we all got out Faith made a point of saying she was our coach here and nothing else as a reminder that we had to stop looking as each other. We all got out the car, grabbed our bags out the boot of the car and made our way inside. Coach Andy was standing to one side with the rest of our club that had qualified for the gala. Faith walked straight up to him while me, Hayley and my dad stayed a few steps back. Leo was there with his hood up and earphones in obviously getting into the zone, I asked Hayley why she hadn't gone over to say hi. She informed me that she wouldn't as that would put him off his game as there would be scouts here today and he needs to be at his best. Coach Andy called us all round for a pep talk then sent us to the changing rooms to get ready, dad gave me a quick one armed hug and kiss on the forehead before making his way to the spectators gallery. By now you would thought I would be getting nervous but I was, i'd been training hard for this day. It was my time to show everyone what I was capable of. We all walked out and over to the coach's and waited for our turn to swim. Faith pulled us over to her, talking about techniques and recapping on our training. The tannoy came to life and someone was starting to talk, luckily we didn't have to remember our races as the coaches would tell us if we were next. I was in a few races and one of them being a mix relay with Hayley, Leo and another guy that I hadn't really spoken to much but he's name was Rob.

The gala was in the swing of it now, Hayley was getting ready for her first race and by the looks of it she was going to smash it no problem. At the sound of the whistle she was off and making good time, I didn't know how she did it but she managed to make it look effortless and still looked amazing. Somehow she managed to be two lengths ahead of the rest and finished in record time, the whole pool was cheering and whistling. I was up next so I started taking my trackies of and put my goggles into place, some last minute stretches and a high five from Hayley as she passes me. Taking my place on the starting block I get into position, putting myself into my own little zone. The whistle went off and I was gone, keeping myself calm so not to mess up. My turns were ok and I could just see out of the corner of my eyes that there was only one girl fighting for first place with me, we still had two lengths left so I took my time to get the lead until the last 50 meters then gave all I could. I didn't see if I came first or not, pulling myself out of the pool all I could hear was cheering. made my way back to my bag when Rob knocked me as he got ready for his race.