Itachi Uchiha

Title: Blur

Everything was a blur, as it usually is. You learn, that when slowly going blind, color is one of the most important things on the planet. I was on my way home with an arm full of groceries, traveling down the 416 step path to my house. The blur was its normal brown, the same brown it was every other day I'd traveled down it, until a thin splotch of black and red came in.

I chose to ignore it, whatever it was, and continued walking right past it as if I hadn't even noticed it in the first place, but it stayed in my peripheral. Whatever it was, was as silent as anything gets, and since it was following me, I deemed it as living.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked suddenly, assuming it was a human.

"You can see me?" The voice asked, confirming my suspicions.

"No, just color, and your colors are moving." I explained.

"I was just observing." The voice admits. This voice seemed to be male, someone who is quiet and reserved, polite and in pain.

"We'll go observe someone else, somewhere else." I replied quickly and continued walking, but the colors continued to follow.

"How long do you have?" The voice suddenly asked.

"Excuse me?" I replied, turning my head to the direction the voice was coming from.

"Until you're fully blind, how long do you have?" The voice asked. I grit my teeth lightly and furrowed my brows.

"None of your fucking business, asshole." I growled out, stomping forward ahead of the man.

"I did not intend to offend you, please allow me to assist you with your bags as an apology." The man offered, catching up to me with ease.

"Why? You could be a murderer, or a rogue ninja for all I know." I accused, still walking. The man hummed in thought.

"Yes, I could be, but do you accept my offer?" The voice asked. I stopped in the middle of the road and hummed in thought before shoving my bags towards the color.

"Sure, why not." I mumbled and continued walking. It was silent for a few moments, until the voice spoke once more.

"What is your name, if you don't mind me asking." He asked. I sighed heavily.

"(Y/n), and you?" I asked.

"You don't need to know." The voice suddenly replied. I scoffed heavily and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Rude. Here we are, you can leave now." I commented quickly, taking my bags from his arms.

"Very well." The colors disappeared down the road, and I went inside my house. I hadn't seen nor heard anything from the male since. One week later, I left my home once more to have my monthly check up. I entered the clinic quickly and sat in an empty seat. The room was empty, other than a singular gray blur across from me. The blur was completely still, unmoving. Then, it expanded, and made its way over to me.

"Can I help you?" I asked, as I usually did.

"It's me, I helped with your bags." I knew that voice before he even explained.

"Oh yeah, the no named asshole." I mused to myself. He hummed and sat next to me.

"I suppose." He said quietly, a hint of a chuckle in his voice.

"Why are you here?" I asked suddenly. He sighed heavily.

"You don't need to know that." He deadpanned.