Deidara

Long time🖤 this book is coming to an end soon! Low key forgot about it👀 anyways, BLACK LIVES MATTER! ADVOCATE! DONATE! SIGN PETITIONS!

Title: Lean With Me
Tw: drugs
(Song Included Above)

Life is hard, money is tight, and a 9 to 5 isn't gonna cut it for me. Ever since I dropped out of high school, I'd in one way or another been involved in drugs, not hard drugs, just some weed, but I sold hard drugs. Never alone, though. That's just dumb. I worked with a partner, and we are a part of a small cartel called 'Daybreak' or more commonly known as the Akatsuki, since that was the only time we were allowed to sell anything because cop activity was at its lowest.

We all worked in pairs, or either groups of three, depending on who was selling what and where. First, it was Pain and Konan, the leaders of our cartel, Obito and Zetsu, the gardeners, or growers, Itachi and Kisame, Hidan and Kakuzu, Sasori and Juzo, and finally Deidara and I. We were all assigned our own corners and clients, all selling things of different intensities.

Luckily enough for me, Deidara and I had been best friends all throughout high school, and still to this day at the age of 21. As of right now, its 5:00 in the morning and the day for us was just getting started. Deidara and I were standing next to each other on the street corner, watching as the navy hues of the sky were slowly turning a bit brighter as the sun began to rise. This was the best time to sell because all of the people who had to get up early as fuck and work all day always came to us, since we mostly sold coke.

My phone had suddenly buzzed in my pocket. I sighed heavily and quickly reached into my coat to fish it out, just in case it was a client or the leader trying to contact me. I put in my fingerprint and unlocked it, only to see no new texts. My eyebrows furrowed lightly in confusion as I dragged my screen down from the top to see what had sent me a notification.

My heart immediately stopped, and my breath caught in my throat as I seen the most recent notification. It wasn't a client, nor was it my boss; hell, it didn't even have anything to do with work at all. It was an email message from my father, who currently is, and has been for the last seven years, in the state pen for several crimes that he'd been found guilty of. I hadn't spoke a word to him in over five years.

I hesitantly clicked the app, then opened the message with a shaky thumb. It was relatively short, but definitely not sweet. It seemed to be a cluster of things that had happened, or are currently happening, and every one of them being negative. He and my mother, who is also locked up, have decided that they're going to get a divorce, he got more time added onto his sentence for fighting, he was running out of money, he found out about my job, he's in solitary, and a lot of other undesirable things. The list just seemed to keep going on and on and on, adding the icing on the cake.

My eyes watered harshly, but I refused to let anything fall from them. Deidara eyed me warily and reached out to place a comforting hand on my shoulder. I quickly tensed up and sucked any trace of negative emotions off of my face, opting for a more monotonous façade. Well, tried to at least.

"Are you alright, hm?" Deidara asked, but instead of taking the right way out, I quickly shook some sense into myself and turned my head to face him and took the easy way out.

"Wanna go to my house after this? I need to get fucked up, like immediately." I ignored his question, causing Deidara to go on red alert. He knew something was wrong, and he knew I knew that he knew. He narrowed his eyebrows and pulled me to his body by my shoulder, wrapping his arms around me.

"I won't ask you why, but okay. Whatever you need." Deidara replied. That's something I loved about him, he was always so considerate, for me at least, he didn't give a fuck about anyone else.