Naruto Uzumaki

Title: Water Logged
TW: bullying

A massive week long rain had just pushed its way through the village, and it was finally a nice, sunny, Konoha day outside. The birds were finally chirping, and there wasn't a cloud in bright baby blue sky, which was a lovely change from the morbidly continuous dripping of rain, rolling of thunder, and the crackling of lightening across a steel sky.

It had rained so much, in fact, that I knew that the stereotypical secluded lake deep in the forest would be full to the brim from the rain water, begging for someone to swim in it. So, me being a young child full of energy from the lack of outdoor activity, I packed a beach bag with necessities and headed that way, to the lake that I thought only I knew of.

That thought quickly flew out of my mind when I saw four kids, my age, walking on the unmarked path that I took to the lake. The sulking blonde boy up front seemed to be unaware of the other three mischievous looking boys trailing behind him, so I assumed they were following him. I decided to follow them silently, since I didn't know their intentions, and the blonde walked all the way to where I was heading, the lake.

The blonde boy sat down on the bank, not too far from the water, while the other three boys chuckled. The gang of three suddenly jumped out of the brush at the blond, startling the boy in the process. In the boy's eyes was the definition of true sadness, and absolute fear, as to why though, I didn't know.

"Hey look, it's the monster!" One of the boys yelled, a disgusted look on his face.

"And out here all alone, too." Another one, who appeared to be the leader, spat.

"Just leave me alone." The blonde replied, turning to look at them with tear filled eyes. The gang had another round of laughter at the fact that he was crying before teasing him again.

"Hey freak, can you swim?" One of the followers called, crossing his arms. The blonde tensed and looked to the ground.

"I bet he can't." The other follower replied, disgustedly.

"Well, there's only one way to find out!" The leader shouted before he and the other two charged at the defenseless blonde. The three misfits punched and kicked at the boy, who seemed to be putting up no fight at all. It was an unfair fight, three against one, and that made me highly upset, along with the fact that they were bullying the boy when he'd done nothing wrong in return, so, I jumped out. I pushed myself as fast as my little legs could carry me and shoved the leader, who was about to hit the boy again, to the ground.

"Leave him alone, he didn't do anything to any of you!" I yelled as I stood over the boy on the ground, as if to protect him. The other two pulled their leader up and backed up a step, facing me.

"His existence is hurting us all!" One of them yelled menacingly at me, though I was unfazed.

"I don't care, get lost!" I yelled again, gritting my teeth, though the leader smirked.

"Oh yeah, and what're you gonna do if we don't?" The leader teased as he took a threatening step forward. As an answer to his sarcastic question, I charged forward and decked him in the face, causing my small fist to throb. Before I could pounce on the leader again, the other two grabbed my arms and held me down. The leader got up with a growl and punched me in the face, then in the stomach.

Without a single word, he walked over to the boy on the ground, watching, and picked him up before throwing him in the water. With this lake, there is no shallow end, just a straight drop off, and if those bullies were correct, the blonde would drown. He thrashed around on the waters surface before completely slipping under, all the while, I was struggling in the grasp of the two followers.