Gaara

Title: An Unfair Exchange (part 2)

"Alright, I'll bring him back, and you'd better be alive to greet us when we get here." Gaara said, a tone of complete seriousness in his voice as he squeezed my hand once more for comfort. A small blood-soaked smile crept onto my features as I nodded my head in conformation, this wouldn't kill me. He sighed heavily once more and he and Chojuro raced over to where the other two Kage, Sasuke, and Boruto were about to jump into the portal.

I sighed heavily to myself once more and grabbed at the large slab of concrete sticking from my ribs. I grit my teeth and pulled it straight out, grunting painfully in the process. Immediately, blood began to pour out of the hole. A flash of red flooded my peripheral vision, but it wasn't blood.

"(Y/n)?!? (Y/n), dear God, are you okay?!?" A familiar voice screamed suddenly as a small figure skidded to a halt beside me. It was Sakura. Another blood-filled cough wracked through my body, causing a look of panic to wash over Sakura.

"Need to help, please pull these- these out." I sputtered as I grabbed another piece of debris sticking from me. She gasped and put her bright green hands over my own to stop me.

"But you'll bleed to death if these come out right now!" She said as she urgently tried healing my flesh wounds. I scoffed lightly before replying, already feeling a bit better.

"Regeneration." I commented simply. Her face screwed up into that of hesitation and fear. All of the people I'm close with knew what regeneration could do to my body. But this is a special case. The process had already started, but these stakes were in the way.

"But you know that that can shorten your-" Sakura began, her eyes glassed over with unshed tears. Before she could finish telling me what I already knew and didn't want to hear again, I cut her off.

"Just do it! Naruto could be dead! Gaara could die, hell even Sasuke could die! I'd be useful in that fight and you know it!" I yelled, well, more like spoke loudly at her, causing her eyes to go wide. At first, she still looked hesitant, but at the mention of Sasuke, she immediately placed one hand on the debris, and one with healing chakra right next to it to begin healing it as soon as the wood was out. As soon as all of the wreckage was pulled out of my body, I went completely still and went full demon mode. My wounds immediately closed up, and all of my chakra was replenished.

I then sat up and stretched my sore limbs, Sakura's eyes were wide in amazement. I then put my hands together, fingers pointed up, and focused, searching for any trace of familiar chakra. I quickly found Gaara's, his was the most prominent, then Sasuke's, and finally Naruto's, but it was very dim. I began summoning my inner chakra, then weaved a long series of hand seals.

"Transportation jutsu!" I screeched just as everything around me went black. I closed my eyes tightly until everything stopped moving and my feet were on solid ground. I then opened my eyes to see absolutely nothing but bare land, and then a massive root that appeared to go beyond the heavens. It looked way too familiar.

"What in the hell..." My thought was cut off by the sudden sound of battle. Weapons seemed to clank in the distance, so I headed that way. As I got closer to the noise, the roots from the tree were getting increasingly thicker. An angry scream suddenly filled the air, and not a second later, a strong scythe like wind came rushing straight towards me.

I quickly fell to the ground behind a large root, and as soon as I did, I could feel a dark, massive, ominous chakra coming from the direction of that scream. My demeanor became much more serious as I leaped to my feet once more and booked it for that direction.

The tree was now within range, and upon arriving, I could see the Raikage practically imbedded in the tree and unconscious, the Tsuchikage glancing up worriedly, and finally the Otsutsuki ensnared in Gaara's sand, but that didn't last long. The Otsutsuki suddenly turned the tables, and now Gaara was caught in his web of white hair and struggling to breath.