We Don't Even Have To Try

I woke up the next morning to my alarm clock going off at ten am, it is too early. I sat up and instantly I was feeling better than I had the past two days! My iPhone beeped from beside me as it indicated I had a photo shoot to do today that I couldn’t reschedule. Groaning I went into my bathroom to take a shower and get ready for the day. After finishing getting ready I walked like a zombie to the kitchen to make a pot of coffee. As the coffee was brewing I remembered the curly headed boy sleeping on my couch. I sauntered into the living room to see Harry and Sage cuddling rather intensely on the couch. I really didn’t want to interrupt the cuddle session but Harry needed to wake up. I gently poked him but he didn’t budge so I poked him harder, this time he just groaned and covered the spot I poked.

“Harry, get up,” I said while shoving him and he just groaned again in response.

“Seriously Harry, get up.”

Nothing, this boy sleeps like he is dead! I decided to have Sage help me wake the boy up, I made a kissing noise and pointed to Harry’s lips, Sage sat up on Harry’s chest and began licking him. A smile appeared on Harry’s face but his eyes were still closed.

“Stop it, no stop it. You frisky little thing, not right now,” Harry said and I couldn’t help but laugh at him. At the sound of my laugh Harry popped his eyes open to and he saw Sage giving him kisses and a blush immediately appeared on his face.

“Oh my god! You-- I can’t even look at you without laughing right now!” I exclaimed and next thing I know Harry shoved me and I fell over.

“Brat.” I just sat on the ground mocking hurt as he called me a name. “Why are you dressed?” He asked as he sat up rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

“I have work today.”

“Are you feeling better?” Harry genuinely asked as he looked at my eyes.

“Loads! I’m making coffee if you want some.”

I walked back into the kitchen with Harry hot on my heels.

“What are you doing tonight?” Harry asked as he lifted himself on top of my counter.

“Girls night, sorry pal.”

“Girls night? I’m not a girl!” Harry jokingly said.

“Jerk. I’m hanging out with some models I became friends with at a shoot. I’m sorry,” I said while I poured two cups of coffee and got the cream and sugar out.

“That’s okay. Do you work tomorrow?” Harry asked as he fixed up his coffee.

“Nope. I hardly work on the weekends, why? What did you have in mind?” I asked him as I took a seat at the kitchen table.

“How about a Harry and Abby day? Kind of like a girls night only better becayse it'll be with me,” He said as he put on a smile.

“Yeah, okay,” I said to him as I drank my coffee.

“Did you want to get a muffin from Starbucks?” Harry said after a few minutes of silence.

“YES!!!” I exclaimed as I put our cups in the sink and ran over to the door.

“Uh Abby? You're forgetting to walk Sage,” Harry said as the dog sadly walked behind him towards the door.

“Damn it! If I do that now I’ll be late for work! You know what I’ll just bring her with me today, my boss never minds!” I said as I ran to get the leash and clip it on Sage's collar. We made our way out of my flat and down to the lobby where we greeted Stan. Once we hit the streets we wandered in the direction of Starbucks, once we got there we stopped outside.