Same Old Fears, Wish You Were Here

“Alright lads, I’m gonna head to bed,” I told the boys whose eyes were glued to the videogame Louis and Niall were currently playing.

“See ya mate,” Liam and Zayn said as they tore their eyes away from the TV screen. Louis and Niall gave me an inaudible groan that I took as a goodbye, seeing as they both were too into trying to kill one another in the game. I stood up from the couch in Niall’s room and left the room. I hadn’t heard from Abby since she sent me the text saying she missed me, I took it that she was having a fun time with her friends. I’m really put off by the Chris guy though, there’s just something about him that I don’t trust and I got the feeling Abby wasn’t telling me all about him when I asked her questions. But, I trust Abby and I always will. She hasn’t done something to make me not trust her. Just as I stepped on the elevator to go down to the floor my hotel room was on my mobile started to ring, I pulled it out of my pocket and saw a picture of Abby, sleeping, flashing on my screen. I smiled and slid my thumb across the screen and put the phone up to my ear.

“I was just thinking about you,” I said into the phone and could hear Abby laugh on the other end.

“I hope they were good thoughts.”

“They always are, love. What’s going on?” I asked, curious as to why she was calling me at 9pm. Especially when she should be at a club right now and it’s awfully quiet on her end.

“Nothing, back at Gran’s with Char, drinking some wine. Thought I’d give you a ring,” Abby said and there was something to her voice, like there was a reason for her to call me.

“That’s thoughtful of you.”

“Yeah, so what are you doing?” She asked.

“I’m walking down the hall to my hotel room. Babe, is something wrong?” I curiously asked.

“Actually, yes. There’s something I didn’t tell you.” There it was, the reason she was calling me while she was still hanging out with her friend.

“What do you mean? What didn’t you tell me?” I asked her as I slipped into my hotel room. As I walked over to my bed I kicked my shoes off and fell backwards on my bed.

“Remember how you asked about Chris and I’s history? And I said he just took my virginity and we would occasionally hook up after that?” Abby asked and I knew where this was headed.

“Yes, I remember that. Go on,” I told her as I got comfortable on my bed.

“Okay, well don’t get mad at me okay?”

“I won’t make any promises, now tell me what’s going on Abby,” I told her, getting impatient with her stalling.

“Chris and I….we dated,” Abby told me, trailing off on the end.

“Excuse me?” I asked, anger slowly making its way to the top, like a volcano ready to erupt.

“Chris and I dated before,” Abby repeated herself.

“How long?” I asked.

“Pardon?”

“How long did you two date?” I asked her, growing impatient again.

“Two years…” she mumbled into the phone and my jaw went slack. Two years, two years, she dated him for two yearsand failed to mention that to me.

“You dated him for two years?!” I said into the phone as abruptly sat up.

“Yes.”

“What the hell Abby! Why didn’t you tell me that!” I yelled into the phone, my body raging with anger at the girl who left out a bit of information.