Too In Love To Let It Go

“Abby, why don’t you just come to the Christmas party with us?” Charlotte whined from the doorway of my bedroom. Her semester in London is over so she goes back to Ohio in a few days to finish up school, and the boys and girls decided to throw a going away party/Christmas party. I didn’t want to participate in it because Taylor is in town, and I hate Taylor.

“Because I don’t want to and I need to pack for San Diego,” I, annoyingly, told her while folding a shirt.

“That’s bullshit and you know it,” Charlotte said as she walked away from my room. Not even a few seconds later I heard the door to my apartment shut, which could only signal that her and Niall left. I rolled my eyes as I walked over to my closet and pulled my suitcase out of it, setting it down in front of my growing pile. I was going to spend Christmas in California with my dad then we were both flying out to Ohio to spend New Year’s with my grandparents. It’s really weird to be packing for both cold and warm climates; the last time I did that was when I was moving to London. As I was folding clothes and separating them into piles for California and Ohio I heard the buzzer, for the dryer, go off. I stood up and slowly walked to my laundry room where I grabbed my empty laundry hamper and threw in my dry clothes. I took the hamper back to my room where I set it on my bed, I crossed my room and began playing some music and went back to folding my clothes.

Just as I was dancing to ‘It’s Beginning to Get to Me’ by Snow Patrol I heard some laughter coming from behind me, when I turned around my eyes met the laughing gaze of Harry Styles.

“What the fuck?” I yelled at him as I walked to turn my music off.

“What?” He asked as he stepped further into my room. “I can’t watch my girlfriend dance?”

“Why are you here?” I asked him.

“I came to pick you up.”

“I’m not going, Harry,” I sternly told him while crossing my arms over my chest.

“Why not? You’re already dressed, all you need to do is put a coat and scarf on,” Harry said to me as he took a seat on the edge of my bed. I took the time to look down at what I was wearing, which consisted of some torn jeans, a gray sweater, and my combat boots. He was right, I was dressed to go somewhere, but that’s because I got home from work and went straight to packing.

“I’m not going,” I simply told him while walking back over to my suitcase.

“Why not, Abby? You can say you aren’t going all you want but I’d like to know why,” Harry said, while looking at me with those eyes of his. I hate his eyes because they make me melt.

“Harr—“

“I know what you’re about to say and don’t say ‘because Harry I just don’t want to’ because I know you better than that.”

“Yeah well, screw you for knowing me so well,” I told him as I let a frustrated sigh out while I took a seat on the floor in front of my luggage.

“I’d love to screw you,” he, smartly, said and I just rolled my eyes. “Abby, love. You can tell me anything, don’t keep me out of that pretty little head of yours,” Harry quietly said and when I looked to my left he was now seated beside me. I looked at him before turning my attention to the carpet.

“Taylor’s there,” I, weakly, told him.

“So?” Harry simply said and I looked at him, baffled.

“Taylor’s there and all you can say is so? Harry are you dumb? I don’t like her, she doesn’t like me. If I go there it’ll be like a cat fight!” I, angrily, told him while pushing him away from me.