Wanna Hold You Tight

--3 weeks later—

“How was Afri—“ I tried to say as I picked Abby up from the airport.

“Don’t talk, just hug me,” she mumbled into my shoulder as she embraced me. I was confused as to why she was responding this way but I didn’t question it. I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed her to me, letting her know everything was okay. I pressed multiple kisses to her temple before we pulled apart and laced our hands together as we made our way through the paps and to my car.

“Are you going to tell me what’s wrong?” I asked her as I put her suitcase in the back of the car and helped her get in.

“Not now, when we get home I will,” Abby said as she rested her head against the window and looked out of it.

“’Course,” I said and pulled onto the streets of London. After driving in silence for 15 minutes I pulled to the side of the road just outside of a grocery store.

“What’re you doing?” Abby asked after taking her gaze off the window and looked at me.

“I’ll just be a second,” I told her and hopped out. When I walked into the store I went straight to the freezers and grabbed two galloons of Ben & Jerry’s half-baked and red velvet cake, Abby’s favorite ice cream. I then walked over to the candy department and grabbed all her favorite candies and I went and purchased some wine as well. Just as I walked with all my items to the cashier I saw the movie section and saw they had ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ I quickly snatched a copy, the last copy, and went to check out.

“Having a night?” The cashier asked and I simply nodded my head.

“Something like that,” I told him and he nodded in acknowledgment. “Girlfriend’s having a rough day,” I told him.

“I see. So you’re buying all this junk food so she can eat her feelings?” He asked.

“Yeah, isn’t that how girls do things?” I asked him and he shrugged.

“That’s how they do it in films,” he said and I laughed.

“Thanks mate,” I said as I grabbed my bags and walked back to the car. I threw the bags in Abby’s lap as she sifted through them.

“Ice cream, candy and wine? You’re the best,” she said as she leaned over the center console and pressed a kiss to my cheek.

“There’s more,” I said as I made my way to her flat.

“Breakfast at Tiffany’s! How’d you know it’s my favorite movie?” She asked, with a smile.

“We’ve only rented it twenty times, love,” I told her, looking at her with a smile on my face. We arrived at her flat and we grabbed all our bags and made our way to her door. After putting all the groceries away I picked up Sage, Abby’s dog, and walked into the living room where Abby sat on the couch, looking quite sad I might add.

“Where’s Charlotte?” I asked her as I sat down and let Sage sleep on my lap.

“Work.”

“Gonna tell me what’s bothering you, love? You’re acting funny,” I asked her as I put my arm around her shoulder and pulled her into my side.

“Africa,” she simply stated as she rested her head on my shoulder.

“What? How can Africa do something to you?” I asked, genuinely confused.

“The comic relief program that I worked with, it was brutal, Harry. So many sick kids, all they needed was one shot, one shot. That’s all. We’re terrified of shots but those children over there find joy in the shot because it helps guarantee them a longer life,” Abby said as tears poured down her face.