Take A Breath And Let The Rest Come Easy

Today is the day of the opening and to say I’m freaking out would be an understatement. I’m going crazy and it’s like I can’t find anything. I was running around my apartment trying get everything organized. Just as I ran past the living room for the umpteenth time Harry walked through the door.

“Abby, baby, where are you?” He shouted from the entryway.

“Bedroom!” I shouted as I ripped through my closet, once again trying to find the perfect outfit for tonight. The event itself isn’t big and fancy like the red carpet for the Grammy’s, it’s more like what you would wear to a wedding, nice but not too nice.

“Why are you freaking out? I got your text,” he said as he crossed the room to sit on my bed.

“I don’t know what to wear, Sage is acting stubborn and I just I’m nervous!” I expressed. Harry stood up and walked over to me as he placed his hands on my hips.

“Love, just take a deep, deep breath,” he instructed and I did as he said. Once I released I slowly opened my eyes and looked into his. “Show me your options of clothing. I do need to match you, ya know?” He smiled at me while placing a kiss on my forehead.

“Should I try them on for you?” I asked as I walked towards my closet.

“Absolutely! It’ll calm you down,” Harry said as he lay on my bed. I slipped my sweatpants and t-shirt off while throwing on a maroon dress and pairing it with black heeled boots. I walked out of my closet and did a small turn for Harry.

“Maroon, your favorite color, and very vintage-y. I like the cut outs, but I feel like it’s too…cold. Like you should warm it up a bit. Show me your next choice,” Harry said as he shooed me back into the closet. I tried on a number of dresses and skirt combos, until I put on my final option. A coral peplum dress with a cutout at the bottom of the torso, and I paired it with some nude heels. I cautiously walked out of the closet and when Harry laid eyes on me, I thought his eyes were going to pop out of socket.

“Yes! It’s so bright and brings out your eyes!” He exclaimed as he stood up and walked over to me. “In plus I could totally see myself ripping it off you afterwards.”

“Harrrrrry,” I whined to him.

“What? You look hot,” he said as he brought his lips to my neck.

“We can’t right now,” I said to him but he didn’t stop.

“Why not? You can shower and it’ll be quick!” Harry said against my neck and it caused goose bumps to rise on my skin.

“Fine,” I growled and pushed him on the bed.

After twenty minutes of playing hide and seek in the sheets Harry and I scampered off to the bathroom to save water and shower together.

“You’re perfect,” Harry said as we dried ourselves off.

“Quit being corny,” I told him as I playfully slapped his chest. He pulled me into him and placed a kiss on my lips.

“I can’t help but speak the truth,” he mumbled against my lips. We were torn apart by a knock on my apartment door. “I’ll get it.” Harry walked into my room and pulled his clothes on again before going to answer the door. I quickly dried my hair and pulled on my sweatpants before going to see who was at the door. I walked in the living to find my grandparents and my dad sitting on the sofa.

“There’s my Jet! Harry told us you were nervous,” Gramps said as he hugged me.

“I am,” I shyly said.

“Well there’s only one way to fix that!” He exclaimed as he ran over to my record player. After a few minutes of him fiddling around with the player, ‘Bennie and The Jets’ by Elton John started playing. I smiled at Gramps and we spent the duration of the song singing and dancing around the living room. The smile never left my face the entire time, and he was right. This definitely calmed me down.