Out Of The Whole World

“Abby. Abby. Abby…ABBBBBYY!!!!” Harry yelled, ripping me from my slumber. I, sleepily, opened my eyes and looked at the person at fault for me being awake right now.

“What?” I grumpily said as I shielded myself with the blankets on Harry’s bed.

“Wake up, silly. It’s half past 1 and I’ve got lunch ready,” he said as he slowly pulled the blanket away from my face.

“What’d you make?” I asked him as I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Your favorite, grilled cheese with a side of tomato soup.”

“Oh my god, I love you,” I told him as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and sat up.

“I thought you might say that,” he said while standing up and holding a hand out to me. I gently took it and he pulled me up into his chest. I walked over to his dresser and pulled the top drawer open where I took out one of his many plaid shirts and slipped on over my bare body. Harry and I had some making up to do after he got sick, and he was very persistent on it being the day he was better. I finished buttoning up the shirt and Harry led me downstairs by the hand. Once I walked into the kitchen I noticed he had our food sitting on table and bouquet of roses was sitting next to one of the chairs.

“What do you want?” I asked him as soon as he helped me into my chair that was next to the flowers.

“What makes you think I want something?” Harry asked from his spot next to me.

“You only buy me flowers when you want something,” I told him while pulling my grilled cheese into tiny pieces.

“So, I just felt like being sweet for once.”

“Harry,” I sternly said.

“Fine. My mum called me this morning while you were asleep and requested that we host a family dinner, here at mine, with both our families tomorrow night,” he finally spit out, and my eyes about flew out of my head.

“Why on earth does she think that’s a good idea?” I asked him while setting my spoon down.

“Claims she wants to get to know my future in-laws,” Harry said, very nonchalantly.

“But why now? Why the day before the opening for my gallery?!” I exclaimed. “How does she even know if we’ve talked about marriage?”

“But I thought we did when I gave you that promise ring?” Harry asked, he was upset. You could tell by the look on his face.

“I mean, yeah but we haven’t thoroughly discussed it.”

“Then let’s discuss it, yeah?” Harry questioned and I just nodded my head because I put myself in this situation.

“Where do we start?” I asked him, pulling my legs onto the chair to get comfortable.

“Do you want to marry me?” Harry asked and I looked at him as if he were dumb.

“Of course, but not right now.”

“Okay. When would you like to get married?” Harry asked again as he bit into his sandwich.

“Well, we’re both still pretty young, so maybe in like two years? Like I’d be okay with getting engaged this time next year, then use a year to actually plan the wedding. What about you?” I asked him, curious as to what he thought.

“I’d like it to be a bit sooner, like sure in a year I’d like to propose but I don’t want to wait another year to get married, I’d be okay with 4-6 months afterwards.”

“I would be okay with that, maybe even 6-8 months. 4 months is too short notice for everyone,” I told him and he nodded his head in understanding.