Trying To Make You Understand

It was currently a Saturday and I had been back from Africa for four days now and, although, I was still sad I was getting a little better. I’d just woken up, it being a quarter after noon, and when I did wake up the aroma of waffles hit my nose instantly. I smiled slightly as I rolled out of bed, pulled on Harry’s long flannel shirt and crept out into the kitchen where I saw Harry leaning over the stove with a spatula in his hand. I pulled my camera up on my phone and quickly took a photo before posting it to twitter.

@AbbyEGrimes: Woke up to WAFFLES. Love my boyfriend.

I put my phone away and wrapped my hands around Harry’s bare torso.

“Mornin’” I greeted him with a kiss on his shoulder.

“You mean afternoon?” He chuckled while putting a cooked waffle on a plate. “Hungry?”

“Dying of starvation here,” I told him as I sat on top of the counter and watched him cook. He glanced my way from the corner of his eye while laughing at me.

“I figured you would be.”

“How long have you been up?” I asked him as I took a chocolate chip from the bowl and popped it in my mouth.

“Since 8, but I had a radio interview to do and I just got back in not too long ago,” he told me while pouring more batter into the waffle maker.

“I swear you’ve done more cooking in this kitchen than I have,” I giggled as I started to set the table.

“I’ve done more cooking in this relationship than you have,” he countered with a smug smirk on his face. “I’m beginning to think you can’t cook, babe.”

“Oh, I can SO cook, Styles,” I told him while flicking his back with my fingers.

“Then cook for me,” he told me as he put the finished waffles down on the table.

“When?” I asked him as I sat down and loaded my plate up.

“Tonight,” he simply said as he sat next to me and rested his hand on my upper thigh.

“Hmm, that’s possible. What would you like me to cook?” I asked him with a mouthful of waffle.

“Surprise me, love,” he said as he too started to eat.

After we finished eating Harry had to leave again to tend to some more One Direction business today. I decided to sit on my couch all day in my pajamas and edit my photos from Africa. Once I went through half the photos I’d taken I decided to start planning the set-up of my gallery and conducting an email of my idea of turning it into a mini-fundraiser for the comic relief foundation. Just as I had hit send Harry came bounding through the door to my apartment whilst talking on the phone. He smiled at me before plopping down next to me and pressing a kiss to my cheek.

“No, Gemma,” Harry sternly said into the receiver, answering the question I was beginning to wonder. “Because Abby is cooking dinner for me tonight.”

“Does she want to hang out tonight?” I asked him while poking his cheek to get his attention. He simply looked at me, nodded his head and rolled his eyes.

“Let her, I still haven’t gone grocery shopping so it’s not too late,” I told him while I put my head in his lap and looked up at him.

“Gemma hang on, Abby is talking to me,” Harry said into the phone before placing his hand over the speaker. “Please say no,” Harry begged and I scrunched my face up in confusion.

“Why?” I asked him.

“Because she wants to bring her boyfriend and I don’t think the timing is appropriate,” Harry defended.