Your Heart Was An Open Book

“Harry, I’m exhausted,” Abby said as she walked through the door of our hotel room and set down all of her shopping bags. As our final, alone, day in Australia we did some shopping and also went sky diving, which was intense.

“Well, you can’t take a nap because we have to get ready for dinner,” I told her as I dragged her off the bed and turned her around to face me.

“Okay,” she whispered as she stared into my green eyes. I smiled at her before pulling her in for a kiss. I love kissing Abby, it’s something that I will never get used to, and I’m addicted to the feeling of her lips against mine. She turned around to head into the bathroom to get ready and before she could walk away I smacked her butt. “Ow!” She exclaimed while throwing her middle finger in the air.

I was nervous for dinner tonight because I was planning on taking the next step in our relationship and I wasn’t sure how Abby would respond. Mainly, because we agreed we wanted to wait until February to take that next step, but I don’t think I can wait any longer, she’s perfect. I knew I wanted to do this since I threw up on stage in Pittsburgh back in July.

I peeled my t-shirt off my torso and tossed it into my dirty clothes pile, growing next to my suitcase, along with my shorts. I walked over to the closet and took out my, freshly ironed, slacks, dress shirt and blazer. I had just pulled my slacks on when I heard Abby’s singing coming from the bathroom, I smirked and pulled my phone out as I crept up to the door and started to film her.

”Hey, how ya doin’? Sorry you can’t get through.

Why don’t you leave your name and your number and we’ll get back to you,” Abby sang Little Mix’s ‘How Ya Doin’?’ while dancing in front of the mirror and applying her makeup. I smiled as I went unnoticed further into the bathroom. She’d gotten to the second chorus of the song when she finally saw me, laughing, behind her in the mirror.

“Harry!” Abby exclaimed as she turned around and smacked me with a hand towel.

“Ow, what?” I said, still video tapping her.

“Stop taping me, and let me get ready, dork,” she, sweetly, said with a smile on her face. I grinned at her before leaning forward and kissing her. I stopped recording but before she could object, I posted it to Twitter.

@Harry_Styles: My bird @AbbyEGrimes has such a lovely singing voice. Is Little Mix looking for a new member? *insert link*

I walked back into the main part of the room and before Abby could walk out and spot me, I walked over to my suitcase and pulled a navy blue velvet box from the luggage and placed it in my pocket. After the American leg of the tour we went and visited my dad, Des, and while we were there he gave me the ring my granddad used to propose to my grandmum. It was also the ring my dad used to propose to my mum. I pulled my gray dress shirt on, quickly applying deodorant and doing up the buttons, before pulling on my black blazer. I put my belt on and shoved my feet into my dress shoes. I pulled my necklaces out so you could see them resting on my shirt and I followed that by spraying some of my cologne on. I didn’t bother fixing my mess of curls sitting on my head, because I would just mess them up, thanks to my nerves. I walked back over to the bathroom to check on Abby’s progress.

“You ready ye—whoa,” I said once my eyes landed on her.

“What?” She, shyly, asked as she tucked her shirt into her skirt.

“You look…gorgeous,” I told her as I admired her maroon skirt, off-white lace top, and her dark brown hair braided off to the side.

“Is it enough for the restaurant?” Abby asked as she put her jewelry on.