The Room Just Lights Up

I woke up to the pilot of the plane telling us we had landed. I opened my eyes and threw my hands in the air, letting a small moan out as I stretched. I pulled my phone out and went to my text messages where I selected the big group message I had going with Eleanor, Perrie, Danielle, Zayn, Liam, Louis, Niall and Harry, I quickly told them I’d just landed and that I would be seeing them soon. I could tell Harry and I’s circle of friends were really happy we were on friendly, speaking terms with one another. I wanted to be mad at Harry, like really bad, but there’s just this thing about him where I can’t stay mad at him. I’m still debating whether or not it’s good or bad but as soon as I find out, you’ll be the first to know. It didn’t surprise me when I heard Taylor would be at the show, because everyone invited their girlfriends. I was just kind of hoping Harry wouldn’t invite her, especially because he told me she hasn’t met his family yet. She’d be meeting them today. After walking off the plane and going to baggage claim to collect my suitcase, I hailed a cab and went straight to Madison Square Garden where I was informed the boys were rehearsing for the show that was in a couple of days.

After the longest car ride ever, due to the heavy traffic in the city, the cab finally pulled around back where Paul was waiting, patiently, for me.

“Paul!” I exclaimed when I got out of the cab with my bag. I threw my arms over the big man and let him squeeze the living day lights out of me.

“How ya been, Abby?” He asked while he ruffled my naturally curly hair.

“I’ve been better. But its winter, my favorite time of year, so I can’t be sad about that,” I smiled up at him as we walked into the arena.

“You got here at a good time, the boys are about to rehearse, and I know how much you love to watch them.”

We walked down a bunch of hallways until Paul pointed to a dressing room on the right that had the door open. I walked into the door frame and saw everyone’s backs were facing me as they were all sprawled around the room.

“Man, when’s Abby gettin’ here?! I miss that lass!” Eleanor exclaimed as she bounced around in her seat next to Louis.

“Impatience is not a good look for you, El,” I joked and all eight of my best friends heads whipped around at the sound of my voice.

“Abby!!” They all screamed and tackled me in a hug.

“It’s about bloody time you got here! I was getting worried!” Niall said and I couldn’t help but laugh at him.

“So worried you sloppily ate a bag of chips?” I said as I wiped some crumbs off his shirt.

“You know how I am,” he sheepishly said and I just laughed at him as I pulled him in for a hug. That’s when I saw her, Taylor Swift, sitting on the couch behind us with her nose stuck in her phone. I rolled my eyes because I wasn’t looking forward to having to be nice to her these next couple of days. I went around my group of friends hugging them all, and I saved Harry for last. Once Harry and I pulled apart I quickly took his beanie off his head.

“I like this beanie,” I told him while I stuck it on my head. He rolled his eyes and snatched it off.

“You can’t steal this one, it’s my favorite,” he said while placing it back on his head. I just rolled my eyes at him.

“Your family in yet?” I asked him, excitedly.

“Nope, they get in later on today.”

“Damn. I can’t wait to see them all,” I told him while I rocked back and forth on my feet. That is until I heard a cough come from behind Harry, and when he stepped aside, Taylor was standing behind him with a sickly, sweet smile on her face.