Don't Overthink

“Abby, sweetheart, I don’t feel good,” I whined to Abby as she sat next to me on my couch. “Do I have to go tonight?”

“Yes, Harry. You can’t skip the Brits when you’re performing,” Abby said as she played with my hair.

“What if Taylor starts some trouble with me?” I asked her, staring into her ocean blue orbs.

“I doubt it, you two are broken up now. You’re a big boy and you can handle anything,” Abby assured me. It’d been a month since I broke it off with Taylor, and three weeks after I broke up with her, Abby and I made it public that we were seeing one another again. I let Taylor take the reins on how the public would hear we broke up and she did it big, she left halfway through a holiday with me and said she broke up with me because of something I said.

“I wish you were coming,” I whined, some more, to her.

“You know I’d love to go with you, but I’ve got work to do for the gallery opening next weekend.” Abby finally finished up all that was needed to be done for the gallery and now she was just doing some last minute details with the set up and arranging who would be at the opening. The boys and I recorded a single like I suggested, it was the song ‘One Way or Another’ and we also went to Africa where we recorded stuff for a self-made music video that Abby helped direct. The work she’s put into this gallery becoming a charity event as well is completely remarkable.

“Who am I going to kiss when we win an award?”

“Kiss Louis,” she muttered while drawing up another set up she was considering.

“But I don’t feel good, Abby!” I pouted while drawing her attention away from her work; she placed her hand on my forehead and then moved it over to my cheeks, checking to see if I had a fever.

“You are a bit warm. How about this, go to the awards show, win the award, perform and then we’ll celebrate by me taking care of you right after, how does that sound?” She asked me and I thought about it for a second.

“Will you text me sweet things all night?” I asked her and she nodded her head. “Then I’ll see you after the show. I expect my jammies to be out and ready along with a nice hot bowl of soup.”

“First of all, your jammies are your boxers, and sometimes you in all your glory. Secondly, you’ll take what I give you,” she joked with me as she leant down and pressed a kiss to my nose.

“Fine,” I told her as I turned my attention to the television that was on some boring show that I didn’t really care for.

--4 hours later—

“Harry, Harry over here!” Paparazzi yelled in my direction as the boys and I made our way down the carpet for the Brits. I always hated the carpets for award shows because it’s like Christmas morning for the paps. I was about half way down the carpet when my manager told me a reporter wanted to interview me, she led me over to the man and then quickly stepped off to the side.

“Hello, Harry!” The man greeted me.

“Hello,” I slowly told him, smiling into the camera.

“I’m Grant from BBC Radio 1 and I was just hoping I could ask you a few questions,” Grant told me and I immediately gave him consent. For about 2 minutes he asked questions about the boys, the touring life and if we planned on recording a third album any time soon, then he brought up Abby.

“So, in the tabloids you’ve been linked to your ex-girlfriend, Abigail Grimes, a photographer here in London. Are the rumors true that you two are back together?” He asked.

“They are very true,” I told him while I turned my attention to the video camera, letting a giant smile take place on my face.

“Was Abby the reason you and Taylor broke up?” There it was the bombshell question that I knew I would get asked.