Chapter 12: Infirmary

I woke up in the infirmary. It was early. I always reluctantly wake up early. Either it was instilled in my brain or my mind catches me before terror clouds my head. I felt something heavy on my chest. I looked down and found an arm holding the left side of my body.

I smiled and looked down at Brooklyn. Her body was crooked in the chair just trying to be close to me. I sat up and dragged her onto the bed with me. My head started throbbing as I laid back down. She opened her eyes and sat up. "Marcus I can't be..."

"Shhh go back to sleep." I put her head on my chest.

"You hit your head on the metal wall pretty hard. I told you to get out of there. I told you to leave."

"I know I know I'm sorry. I didn't want her to see me bail."

"Well she saw you almost die, so which is worse?" She stretched and made herself comfy on my side. I moved the blanket and wrapped her in my arms. She had a point. I couldn't help but give a soft laugh because any response to the question would have put me in the wrong.

"Does your head feel alright?" She asked squirming to poke her head out of the blanket.

"Back at AIM, did you really feel like I ditched you?"

She suddenly got quiet, something Brooklyn has never been able to accomplish. I opened my eyes to read her face since her lips weren't talking. Her grey eyes shifted trying to analyze me. "I did a little bit. They kept mentioning it and I slowly began to believe it." She sighed.

"Why would I ever ditch you?"

"I don't know you seemed pissy that day."

"I'm always pissy."

"and confused, and anxious, and paranoid, and-" She added.

"But I'd never leave you behind." I said cutting her short.

She eyed me waiting for more words. "I mean you are the Brooklyn Sader. Why would I ever want to leave you behind? You'll always be the most vital thing I have. I just can't ditch you. I'm not me without you." I tapped my finger against her forehead and closed my eyes again.

She scoffed and glanced at me. "Alright that was super romantic. Heres what I'm thinking. I mean theres no one here right now. Doctors don't come in for another 3 hours. I'm pretty sure we can sneak out and go home.... and play a little bit of house and sneak right back." She traced my chest with her nails. My eyes filled with sudden energy as I dissect each word.

"Wow.... Brooklyn Miranda Sader. You naughty naughty girl. I didn't know you could be this underhanded. You wouldn't rather just chill here and cuddle. But ask and you shall revieve right?" I sat up and pulled my shirt off.

"Marcus! You- no! I was kidding stop it, no! Not here!" She whispered sitting up in alarm trying to push me back down on the bed. She couldn't hide her smile.

"You wanted something. Sadly we can't just run out of here yet. So I have to provide where I can and you're gonna wish she never asked." I taunted putting her on my lap again.

"Marcus!" She tried to keep from laughing. She hit my bare chest and was trying to push me down. "I hate you."

"I love you too." I said settling down.

She leaned in to kissed me. I smiled and raised up to hold her. I began to put my hand up her shirt to harrass her again. She parted our lips for just a moment and looked at me. She leaned forward more forcing my head to lay back against the pillow. She pressed her body against mine and put her arms into my hair. She kissed my face as moved my hands downward.