Chapter 21: Brook's House

Alex was like the brother I've always wanted. Screw Oliver and his no good saltyness. Alex was the best thing that happened to me since Arnold. I soon warmed up to him. He protected me even though I didn't need it.. He taught me how to talk properly. I've learned how to use my words instead of my aggression. I've learned to curse less and use a bigger vocabulary to insult people. He even cut my hair for me.

I taught him how to fight dirty. How to take down the Hydra guards. I even gave him my spare pocket knife. He hasn't beaten me yet though. He told me he's holding back. I don't doubt him.

We fought so much I think I grew softer. I cared more. I was gaining my feelings back. I was so greatful that I was blessed by Alex I cried tears of joy in the middle of a fight.

"Woah woah. Why are you crying?"

"You helped me... You don't even understand. Im just so happy I have a friend again." I hugged him.

He hesitated to touch my back. "Please don't get attached. I could die any second."

"I'd never let that happen. You are like a brother. My best friend." I looked at him with bright eyes.

His eyes were low and darkened. "Let's just keep fighting."

"If you say so. But I've been kicking your ass for a while now." I laughed.

He sighed and got into position. I threw the first punch which was easily blocked.

"Lunch time." The door swung open harder than I've ever heard.

Alex was grabbed by the arm and dragged out. I followed behind trying to listen to their whispering. "You aren't here to make friends you idiot."

"He's behind us." Alex muttered.

The agent turned around and glared at me. "Beat it."

"I can't go anywhere without an agent. So shut it and walk me to lunch."

"Why you little." He took a swing at me. "Respect the agents."

"I don't respect the recruits." I laughed dodging. The patches on the arms signify the rank of the officers

"I'm a recruit?" He muttered looking at himself.

"Even I'M a higher level than you are." I fell on my back and cackled.

"Marcus stop before you get hurt." Alex warned.

"I wonder how much information we can get out of this one." I was lifted by my shirt.

"Alex help."

Alex looked down and away. "I mustn't interfere."

I sat there and screamed. I pulled my legs up to grab his arm. He hit me against the wall a couple of times like I was a bug.

I was dropped. I attempted to crawl away in desperation. I didn't know what's wrong with me. I used to be able to kick everyone's ass.

"This is the level 10 danger. Ruthless A8?! Well Hydra really over exaggerated your power."

I got up and looked at Alex. He seemed concerned but the agent had him still on a leash.