Chapter 23: Ms. Hafner

I looked around the corner to find out who was yelling sure enough Alex had blood coming out of his right leg. Arnold was trapped in my cell and was trying to kick it down. "Let me out of here." He barked.

"If you do, you'll call for back up and we won't be able to leave..........Good job Kyle. You made a friend and look what happened." The man smacked Alex. Alex was on the floor trying not to cry.

"It's not my fault the half wit wanted to be friends. He clinged onto me and I was trying to get him to leave me be."

"Don't talk back to me." The man pulled him to get back up harshly.

"I'm sorry dad."

Dad?

"Excuse me?" He turned around glaring.

"I'm sorry sir."

"You should be. Did you atleast locate the device?"

"Marcus told me about it. He was pretty gullible."

"Where is it then?"

"It should be on the 25th floor.

"Marcus you little prick." Arnold groaned. He reached for Alex but he jumped away.

I looked at Alex in a state of sadness and dejection."I thought we were friends. I thought we were cool."

"You don't have friends. Everyone is out to get you. Everyone wants to use you..... Did I not teach you that?" Arnold groaned.

I was suddenly punched in the shoulder. Alex was coming at me with like a bullet. I didn't want to hurt him. He's like a brother to me.

"KICK HIS SMALL ASS" Arnold yelled.

I didn't want to hurt him. I don't want to hurt him. I kept dodging. "Kyle. Kill him right now."

"Kyle?" My heart dropped and I looked down. I stopped looking at who I thought was Alex. Worst mistake of my life. He chuckled and put a knife through my shoulder. "I'm sorry it had to be this way Marcus. But it isn't personal. I just never cared." He said as 'Kyle' and his 'dad' ran to the elevator. The pain in my shoulder made me want to scream but my eyes began to fade and my body started to feel emotions that should have been long gone.

I laid on the floor in a pool of my blood and sweat. "I- I"

"Listen...... Kid....... A-8." Arnold started in his low tone. I laid on the ground emotionless. Whats the point of having them when everyone is trying to use them. "If you are going to cry, cry. You are only 10...... This is your first time feeling deception. Learn from it. Cause there are a lot of back stabbers in the world."

I started adding to my tears to my pool of uselessness. "I thought he was a friend. H-He used me."

"I know I know. But you know what doesn't make you feel good?" He asked. "Laying around doing nothing."

I sat up and wiped my tears. "Come here and let me patch that up."

I crawled towards him. He pulled out the knife and I continued to sniffle. "Don't be too hard on yourself."