Chapter 44: A Break

"Am I a slave to you?" I asked reluctant to be close to her. I admire her underhanded approach but.... not when I'm the victim.

She pulled my face to look at her. "Listen. Are there any life-threatening gadgets Hydra can use against shield? Tell me and I'll let you go."

"Yes there is." I reached for the controller on her arm. She struggled to keep me from breaking it. She put both hands on my shoulders and kicked my privates. I wavered a bit but continued to hold onto her wrist. She used her free hand to try and punch my jaw but I dodge. I didn't notice her foot and she pushed my face away with her right heel.

She began to shock me for what felt like a few minutes as she caught her breath. I laid on the floor mumbling curses after curses. "I kicked you in the nuts why didn't you go down!" She said kicking my spine. "You twat." She snapped as I twitched.

{Pause}

Her POV

"Wait wait wait" I started to laugh. "My parents got together because my mom.... held my dad hostage?" I turned to my aunt.

My aunt furrowed her brows and looked at me. "He told me that she was being cute and he hit on her. Holy crap he lied to me!"

"Jesus, this whole family is just messed up I swear." I rubbed my eyes.

"Just unpause it so we can see where the love and baby making part happened?" Aunt Riley wiggled her eyebrows and gave me a wink. I groaned in disgust.

I unpaused the video. I used to think I was more like my dad. Calming, level-headed, but determined. But he must have gotten those traits from my mom. Who was insane in her own little way.

•--------------------•

What the hell were you two thinking?" Sage said greeting us at the door. "Riley. You stupi- you could get fired from the Avengers for this."

Riley folded her arms and didn't respond. Sage turned to me. I don't care about shield's consequences anymore. I've gotten so many that they are just all the same. "Brooklyn is going to have a ball with you."

"Did you fucking tell her?" I raised my voice immediately

"The Allie you guys destroyed was one of our little tests. Now that you both failed, I can't tell you where the real one is." Sage yelled back

"We destroyed a fake one?" Riley ground her teeth in annoyance. "It was so real and satisfying."

"Where is Allie?" I growled.

"You still want to murder her?"

"She murdered a child. My friend, my god damn sister." I yelled. "Tell me where she actually is."

My heart came out of my chest as I watched Brooklyn storm down the hallway towards my direction. Her anger made her seem more intimidating. Her mouth was in a pout and her eyes staring into the thoughts I had. She grabbed my shirt and pushed me to the wall. "What the FUCK is wrong with you? Are you insane? You stupid fucking- This is Shield. You want to be a fucking criminal for the rest of your life? You are now a mature adult. But you still can't even think past your petty feelings. I felt so bad for doubting you. Now I'm thankful that I just saved you from starting a war with AIM. From murder Marcus." She had tears in her eyes and I couldn't understand why. My eyes shifted around her face for any sign that shes acting.

"You just... you didn't even try to not disappoint me. You just did what ever the fuck you felt huh. I don't know how much more I can take of this. I can't even fucking defending you this time."

That sort of stung.  "Brooklyn."

"Don't Brooklyn me. And you." She turned to Riley.

"You were literally bred by shield and you can't even think that 'hey this might be wrong'. Riley you were my fail safe and now I know that you are just as wrong as he was. Like you OFFERED you SUGGESTED to hide the body where no one would find it. How many people have you killed already? I'm not your god damn babysitter." She let go of my shirt.