Chapter 20: Liar

There was once this kid..... Who changed my view on people. He sorta shaped who I was as a stupid kid.

I was ten at the time. My mind was already mature and psychotic. With a hint of childish innocence. I sat in the corner punching the brick wall. Just so I can get my hit harder, basically practicing my pain tolerance.

"New cell mate."

"You made a mistake, I don't get cell mates." I muttered.

"Well I didn't ask if do now did I." The cell closed. I listened to the breathing. Usually who ever comes into the cell wants to kill me.

I heard a sigh. I turned around and boy stood on the opposite corner. Staring past me. Thinking of about a million different things

I wished I could think for myself. I'm dumber than the bars that hold me in.

"Hey." I snapped him back awake. The kid had light brown hair that reached his ears. He had scars..... Kind of like mine. "Your hair looks stupid."

The kid laughed and looked away. "And you smell like you fell out of a dump truck."

I lunged towards him but he moved. 

"Seems as though the truck can't go faster tha-"

So I used my powers. Why the hell not. I pushed him against the bricks way to hard. He held his head. I dropped him and touched his neck. "You bleed easily." I frowned wiping the blood on the wall. I moved the toilet and got the medical kit.

"You keep it behind the toilet?"

"At Hydra our wounds need to heal by themselves. If they get infected oh well." I laughed stiching up the would.

"How do you know how to do that? You're like 10."

"So? I'm 10.... I'm stronger. Faster and- what's your name?"

"I..." the kid's face went pale. He started muttering to himself. "Kevin? No that's a stupid name."

"Do you not know your own name?" I laughed.

"Do you even know your name?" He shot back.

I immediately stopped talking and tried to remember. "A8"

"That's your number." The boy said. "By the way I'm uh.... Alex... ander? Just Alex is fine."

I sat in the corner and frowned. "What is my name...." I took a deep breath. "M...M.."

"Mason."

"No." I frowned.

"Monroe?"

Alex sighed. "Mark?"

"Marcus!!!!" I yelled in happiness. "Wait how did you...." I covered my mouth realizing what I just did.

"A8 its the middle of the night."  Two guards came in.

"No stop. I was just-"

"You know the rules."

"Fine...."

They kicked my ass. They kicked it real well. After acting tough in front of Alex, I'm finally seen as the cockroach I am. They guards left and I was in a ball holding my head. I was biting my lip and holding back tears. My body too afraid to uncurl.

I felt a pat on my back and Alex's face in front of mine. "I'll protect you. It's ok to cry." He started stroking my back as I let out a few tears. It felt good. I smacked his hand away and glared at him angryily.