Chapter 17: Cookies

The room was called the optical room.

I was strapped into a chair scared of what they were going to conjure up. I saw a man in front of me holding a gun. He got closer as he put the gun between my eyes. I took a deep breath trying to move my arms.

His finger was right on the trigger. My little sister came up behind him. "This isn't real."I whispered to myself. It felt real.

She hit the guy with a pan. And it knocked him out. She unstrapped me and hugged me.

"I missed you Marcus." This is a trick. I began to cry. My heart filled with glee.

"Riley there's this wire I don't know where but help get it off."

"Mom and Dad are... are gone. "

I noticed a knife at her side. I kept watching it. I was stronger and fast and better than her. I don't want her to anger me.

"They are?"

"Two bullets right between the eyes. Boom. Boom. Blood painting the living room and the master bed room." She was doing a crappy job of hiding her sass.

I stare at the 6 year old with eyes and disgust. "You didn't."

"They sold us. They gave us away."

"You......didn't...." I felt my heart leap out of my chest.

"If you aren't with me.... You are against me." She came closer.

"Get the hell away from me!" I covered my mouth and realized I said that to my own sister. At this point I don't give a crap anymore. "Tell me you didn't kill them."

She looked at me confused. "I thought you loved me." She sobbed.

I glared at her. "Shut up. Stop crying. We aren't babies anymore. Grow up or leave. If I were to escape-"

She came up and tried to stab me. I grabbed her arm and broke it. She kicked and screamed. Looking back.... I was 7.... and she was supposed to be 5.

"I- Im... You shouldn't have done that!" I was more angry at her than I am relieved to see her alive. But just for that little stunt she pulled I should honestly kill her. "Now get up. I didn't break your legs. You can stand." I frowned.

I picked up the knife. "Try again. I'll amputate your other arm."

"Why are you so mean?" She cried.

"Why are you still talking? Or must I break your jaw too."

"I didn't -"

"Where did you get a gun from?"

"It was under their bed." She yawned still blubbering.

"We are going to a hospital. Say a word about this and there will be another Marshal on their death bed."

She nodded seeming a bit terrified of me.

•--------•

"Breaking news"

The TV said. Kyle sat on the couch a little annoyed. "What's up your ass?" I asked.

"I don't know. Im just pissed."

The news started talking about politics and the weather like it does everyday. "She didn't paint the White House."

"I thought publicly defacing a national landmark is the worst form of disrespect." Ari came back and kissed Kyle's cheek.