Chapter 24: Agent work

I ran up to the runway. The facility was sounding the alarms like crazy. I watched as they ran towards a jet. I blew it up. They dropped to the floor and watched the aircraft go up in flames. Alex!" I yelled.

He turned around. "It isn't too late. Join us. Join Hydra. We can be like brothers. You and me."

"Why are you giving me a second chance?" He yelled. "Are you that dense that you don't even realize-"

"Because I know you aren't horrible. You stabbed me because you had to. Your boss is probably worse than all of Hydra. Join us. I'll protect you. Like I always have." I got closer.

Alex got up slowly and got up and took a few steps closer.

"Dammit Kyle. Get your ass back here."

He stopped. "Alex please. I don't want you hurt." I said showing a form of emotion. The one thing I had left. Compassion.

"Kyle! We are leaving NOW."

He looked at me and shrugged. "Maybe you can fall in love with another sucker and have him stay." He ran off to go with his father. Kyle...... Kyle.......

I watched as the jet lifted off. I stood there frozen. My body shook at being betrayed a second time. I shot another missle towards the jet. The jet kept moving and I shot again. I missed

I was furiously crying. I was throwing a full on tantrum. My body felt dark and icy.

"Marcus. Look." Arnold picked up a file and and some fancy gun.

I refused to look. I didn't want to know. I didn't care. "They came for the device. They dropped it because of you. They forgot the blueprints. A few pages are burned and torn but we can remake it."

I peeked. "You saved the day. I'll have to teach you to aim sooner or later. Now give me the launcher before the Commander-"

"DAMMIT ARNOLD."

"Too late."

"Can I not leave you in charge for two seconds. I should hang you for this mess. I should kill you. As for you!" He grabbed me by my neck. "How DARE you take a weapon. Who told you you can blow up the ships"

"Will you shut up for two seconds?! Marcus just saved our asses. The cloning ray was being stolen and he took action." Arnold said separating the commander and I.

He looked at me with a softer face. "Fine. I'll allow it..... But the next time you destroy these jet's. Call for back up." The commander walked away.

"Good job not crying." Arnold whispered patting my shoulder.

I didn't feel like crying. I didn't even care that he grabbed me. What a rude way to get to know how this world works. My legs felt like running. My mouth felt like screaming. But I was unable to do anything. Betrayal is a bitch.

"Don't worry Marcus. We'll find that bastard. You'll get the revenge you deserve."

I smiled. "He can run but he can't hide. We'll find him."

"Damn right." Arnold led me inside.

This is where I became desolate I lost my faith in people. Trusting someone was always out of the question. Then there was Viviana Charlotte Hafner.

She was regrettably and unfortunately my first love.
•------------•

"Oliver is a valued member of this base and-"

"You want me to go steal him..... I'll have to say no." I smiled.

"You really want to say no to me?" She said holding my shirt and biting her lip.

"I'll say no to who ever I like." I smiled.

She looked at me and smiled. "Please. Come on Marci" she said brushing against me.

I grabbed her hands and put them behind her back. "I cant do that."

She blinked in amusement. I let her go knowing she would get off doing this type of shit." Was that another thing you promised your girlfriend." She whispered.

"What I promise her is none of your buisness." I mumbled walking away.

I was shown my cell and sighed in dissapointment. I liked it better when Hydra was in California. I curled up and slept on the cold ground. I have been used to sleeping on a bed. I have been used to being in comfort. But this floor felt natural... I got into the position I used to lay in, with my arm holding my head, and went to sleep

Still would rather a bed.
--------

"Rise and shine bitch." Arnold smiled. "You are going to agent work today."

"If I'm an agent. Why the hell am I in here?" I said patting the cell floors.

"So you would feel at home, I could get you an agent roo-"

"With a bed? I'd love to at least sleep in a bed."

Arnold sighed.

--------------------------

I pulled at the Hydra uniform and tried to fix the helmet. "Vivi!" I screamed.

"Commander Hafner you mean." She yelled.

"I'm going to pop out of this costume any second."

"We will get you a bigger one. Don't complain." She eyed me and smiled. She snapped out of it and pushed me into the cafeteria

I sat by myself and immediately put my head to the table and slept. Completely forgetting to eat. Then I went to the nursery and made sure all the babies were fed..... I learned how to change diapers too.

Then I found myself in the tiny hands of Viviana. She pulled me into a crevasse. We both barley fitted. "How is you first day at Hydra going?" She whispered smiling.

"Not so bad actually."

"I'm glad you are having fun."She averted her eyes. She put her hands on my waist and expertly trapped me with her. I moved her hands

"Remember when we used to hide around Hydra...? Sneaking kisses?" She stroked my face. Fuck. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes I do." I said trying to escape. She pulled me back.  She forced my face to look at hers.

"We used to talk for minutes which felt like hours. It was beautiful." She held me. "The truth is... I always have regretted how I treated you back then.... I miss you. We used to click and have so much fun. Before I was clouded by power."

"Viviana I don't feel comfortable."

"Did she make you this soft? You aren't just pushing me off like you used to."

"I- Sh- What?"

"She did, didn't she. Her love and kindness broke the interior you made for yourself. She just made a fool out of you. You were stronger as a teenager." Viviana whispered closer to my ear.

I pushed her away. I furred my brows and was ready to scream at her. Her eyes went wide and she smiled. "Let it out."

"You aren't worth the energy." I mumbled and walked away.