Chapter 29: Marshals in Custody

Brooklyn's POV

"Alright what happened?" Fury asked. Sage stared at me wondering if she or I should start. I nodded towards her.

"Marcus was taken from Brooklyn's house at around 2:26 am. There were three people in the house. Brook, Marcus, and a friend of theirs. Their night ended with knock out gas. That's all that Brook remembers."

"Nothing from Marcus?

"Marcus refuses to eat, drink, or talk..... He hasn't said his side of the story. All he says is it's his fault...." I chimed in.

"What happened after you found him?"

"According to Riley he....."

As we finished the story Fury gave a long sigh. "This obviously wasn't his fault. If what ever her name was, says he was mind controlled I doubt she would be lying if the male Silver was in danger."

"What should we do about him?"

"Wait till he talks"

"He doesn't want anyone in there...."

"Find someone he wants to talk to. Find someone who will talk some sense to him." He looked at me. He knows Marcus definitely doesn't want to talk to me. "You can go home.... This is personal so you shouldn't-"

"It's personal for Sage too."

"But you are romantically involved."

"I- like everyone else in this place- want to see him well. I'm not going home until he can come home with me."

"That might take awhile....."

"Why do you think so?"

"We knew he was fragile, but not this fragile. He might be in that void of guilt and regret. So far down that it's hard for people in that situation to get out...."

"What situation?" I asked.

"Hurting his family and friends......Let's all speak unbiasedly for a second.Marcus is mentally unstable.... We can agree?"

Sage sighed and nodded. I agreed as well. "We can agree he was going to have mental break down eventually......" Sage frowned and nodded again. I folded my arms and sat back. I nodded and covered my face.

"We can agree that he needs help he just doesn't think he deserves it." Fury said in the same monotone.

We both nodded. "How should we go about this?"

"What about Oliver?" I asked.

"The kid is still in custody?" Sage asked

"Suprisingly no.... Cyanide took him down." Fury said

"We patted him down." I frowned.

"Unless he stuck the pill in his ass... There is no way he could have swallowed the pill and died like that-"

"It was either an agent did it or he did just that." Fury groan.

We sat in silence thinking. Sage suddenly left the room leaving me with Fury. "Check on Riley for me?"

I nodded

----------

I approached the cell with Sam sitting outside of the door. "Hey Brook." He smiled.

Riley refused to turn and look. Her black eye has been fading but it's still noticable. "How is she?"

"She talking. But avoiding the Marcus topic. He sighed getting up. We stayed quiet as Riley tapped her nails against the floor singing.

I opened the door and collected the plates. "Hey Riley. Sorry again for punching you." I examined her bruises. She looked like a dalmatian. Bruises every where. Especially on her face.

"I deserved it."

"No you didn't, I was out of line.....and that fight with you and Marcus-"

"Have you ever noticed that people change depending on who they are around? You used to be all uptight. Now you are apoligizing to me and you used to hate me. I knew there was a boat but I didn't-" She stopped her self and looked away.

I looked at Sam and he shrugged. "She's never spat it out. Everytime that name Marcus comes up she goes cryptic and never finishes."

She slid the back of her head along the window to lie down. She closed her eyes and started to breath softer than she was before.

I grabbed the plates "You can leave whenever you like..."

She opened her eyes to give a soft look. "I know....."

I closed the door and waved to Sam. I threw the plates into the kitchen. I watched as the cook started making Marcus's food. He started making smaller portions. Marcus hasn't eaten for a few days. I usually finish after him. Now the cook puts me into consideration. I don't know whether to be happy or a little concerned. I poured him some homemade ice tea and took the food upstairs.

Two guards were standing at the entrance. They opened the door for me and waited until I took off my shoes. Marcus has a special kind of cell. He has padding all over it execpt for the window. He's been trying to hurt himself anyway he can. We even had to made special handcuffs just for him. We aren't even sure if they work, he hasn't tried anything yet.

"I have lunch." I said towards the back left corner. He sat there with his head to the wall in the shadows. He hasn't moved an inch.

"Marcus come on... You have to eat...."

"Please leave." He said grudgingly. A citrus smell filled the cell walls. It was beginning to stink in here. Marcus's stubble grew longer than I normally allow it too.

"Thomas....Wendell? Has he eaten anything on his own?"

"Agent Grayson came up here, pinned him down, and force fed him oranges."

"Atleast he's eating something." So thats whats the smell is from.

I walked a little bit closer to him and he move closer to the wall. "Didn't I just say go away?"

"Let me.... Help..... I want to help. I'm the only one not helping."

He opened his mouth wide as if he wanted to yell but closed it a bit more. "Brooklyn.... Get out. I want to be left alone."

"You yell at the other agents but not me right? What am I special? You sure do treat me like crap if I'm special. I want to talk to you." I hissed. I drank the ice tea and took the plate. I stopped out, put on my boots and left. "Asshole"

Every day is the same routine. Everyday I get pushed away but he still doesn't have the heart to force me to leave.