Chapter 13: Temper

Her Pov~

I sat on the chair in a blanket. I guess it's about time I finally learned what the hell was going through his head.

I ripped open a box of tapes. I put in the first one and immediately turned on the television.

Let me tell my life story to you......... I'm sure you don't care but I'd love for someone other than Brooklyn to hear it. *play*

I glanced around. My hands were tied behind my head. My face forced to look straight ahead. I was kneeling and focused.

My mouth was closed and I was breathing heavily and crying for my mom. "Scared?" Someone asked. I refused to answer. I knew better.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was 7 when my humanity was taken. I was 7 when I first became a half- brainwashed Hydra agent.

•-----------• *back to the present*

"Marcus. Pst" Someone shook me relentlessly. I took a peek and saw red hair. "Riley leave me be"

"No. We need to talk."

"About?"

"I need brotherly advice."

"Ask the Avengers, or Kyle, or Nathan. I'm tired."

"Avengers are sleeping from our last mission. Ari moved out of her parents place and went to live with Kyle and I have no idea where they are. Nathan fucking flies so he can be anywhere."

I sighed and pulled myself to sit up. Her eyes were softer than normal. Which usually means she's serious and thinking. Which neither of those things she usually does. Brooklyn isn't here anymore. That sucks. She must have ditched me when work started.

"Whats on your mind?"

"I wanna go make amends with mom. But she's not letting me up to her office." She said hysterically.

"Then don't bother. She's a stubborn one. Go hang out with dad."

"Would you like to come?"

"I have stuff to do."

"Like? Oh getting that lip stain off your cheek?" She asked.

"What?"

She pulled out her phone camera to expose a faint glittery pink kiss mark on my right cheek. It must have been Brook.

"No, First go and change obviously. Then I have to brief Fury on what I saw at AIM. Then talk to the Guardians about their latest mission that I could care less about -"

"Wait why do you-"

"Flash Thomspon joined them last year. We just need updates every month on him. He's testing the symbiote and we are making sure it works and hasn't hurt him. And guess who is put on that job?"

"Could I be there while you do it?"

I knew exactly what she wanted. "Why?"

"Why not? I miss the guardians."

"Name all of them." I glared. She started listing names. Making it super obvious who she left off. Nova.

"I'll tell them to make a video for you." I smiled.

"I just want to say hi."

"No." I snapped.

She pushed out her lips and begged. "Riley no."

------------

"Morning Fury." I sat in between Nathan and Brook.

"We are almost done I just need your input."