Chapter 18: Nova

I glared down at the hospital from the top of the hill. Riley was still sniffling next to me. "Remember what I said." I snapped.

I took a deep breath and forced myself to cry. I have to keep this up to make it believable.

We ran down to the front doors and I screamed bloody murder. "HELP! MY SISTER!"

Riley was startled but she understood. She started crying.

"What happend?"

"Someone came into our home and killed our parents, and hurt her. I told her to hide but she didn't listen."

"Wait where do you live?"

"I don't ..... Remember.." This statement was the only part of my script that wasn't a lie.

"I'm sorry but we can't take her."

"What?" My tears stopped immediately.

"Our hospital is packed! She won't get the right treatmen-"

"You're going to deny a cold, near-death child?!" I pulled the doctor down to my level. "If you don't fix my sister's arm I'll make sure even the doctors are in beds."

"Are you threatening me?!"

"No I'm just a little 7 year old. Who can and will break your knee caps if you don't listen."

"Kid—."

"I'm not afraid to murder you. It's just a matter of when."

"You wanna threaten me when your sister -"

I snapped it back in place. She screamed again. "Happy. If a seven year old can do your job. Shouldn't you be fired by now."

I was lifted and held face to face. "What is your name."

"Non ya." I spat in his face. "Help my sister." I glared.

The man wiped his face and sat me down."What if I say no" I grabbed his hand and broke his fingers one by one. "Now I can't help."

"But these doctors know what I'm capable of."

I saw a security guard rushing towards me. I was kicked in the abdomen. I started breaking heavily.

I looked up. I sped into his knees and bent them inward. Never I'm my life have I heard a grown man scream like a baby.

"Come on Riley. This place was shitty anyway."

She pulled her arms out of mine."You are hurting innocent people."

"Riley. Let's. Go"

"I don't want to go with a stranger. Who are you anymore." She cried.

I was three seconds from putting my hand down her throat and pulling out her vocal cords. "Fine princess where would you like to go? I'm the only one protecting you."

"I can protect myself."

"Bull shit."

"That's a bad word."