Chapter 38: Hell

After that first interaction with Brooklyn, anytime she would see me she would call me an insult. At first it bothered the hell out of me and I tried to tune her out. But I eventually just started returning the insults.

"Cocky Bitch..." she rolled her eyes passing.

"Cactus ass." I smiled. She laughed and continued walking

"Marcus!" Fury snapped. My skin crawled with the sudden urge to run away. That moment of hesitation ended up costing me the right movement. I was suddenly caught by the shirt and choked before I could run away. "I need your help."

He let me go and turned around to Brooklyn. "I need you too."

"Oh great." I rolled my eyes.

"Alright asshole." Brooklyn said exhausted.

"Clyde told me about your interests in the reform program."

"That slick bastard." I mumbled. "Sure why not."

"Since we have a learning agent. Agent Sader can interview you. It would be so much easier for her to do it. Be cooperative for the love of Christ." He pushed us into a room with two chairs.

I sat down with my head back on the wall. My eyelids continued to try and shut as I slowly got bored every minute Brooklyn didn't talk. "Oh! The questions are here." She said. "Alright Marcus. Do you want to talk about what Hydra-"

"No. I'm not talking about the top secrets of Hydra." I mocked.

"You can't be loyal to Hydra if you are trying to become an agent."

"Who the hell said I wanted to be an agent. If I wanted that shitty life I would have stayed at Hydra."

"Be cooperative." She rolled her eyes. "You are being dramatic...."

"Drama- Dramatic? I wish I could just stab you." I snapped.

"Excuse me."

"You heard me. You were born in the good life. Being in my cell and having some freedoms, is the good life. I don't think any of you guys get how shitty Hydra is compared to here. I would really prefer staying in my cell here all day."

"Isn't prison something you don't want to be in?"

I repeated her last sentence but in a high pitch screech mocking her again.  "No. I like the situation im in. Have fun becoming an agent. Its not as fun as it looks." I pouted mocking her again. She folded her arms and threw the paper at my head. Followed by the blue pen. I went to shove the table into her chest but it was bolted down. "Fine be an asshole." She got up and went to the door

She was stopped by Fury and pulled aside. I rolled my eyes and attempted to balance the back legs of the chairs. "Are we done here?" I mumbled.

"Sure have Brooklyn escort you down." She smiled warmly and I looked at her in disgust.

"Your smile is worse than your laugh."

"Shut up and let's go." She's glanced at Fury. I got up and glared at them. What are they planning?

•--------------------------•
I sat staring at Brooklyn. She gave me a pleasant smile and I returned with one. "Has anyone told you your eyes are really pretty?" She asked

"Yes.You have.... Multiple times. I love hearing it each time. " I said trying to keep honest. "Your eyes are pretty as well."

"Thank you."

"You are welcome."

"Alright so. Who is Viviana? Remember be honest..." She hopped into the table and sat close to the edge. I sat closer to her.