Breakups And Makeups

dedicated to @lilypup03

yet another fight was happening between stiles and lydia. they both hated fighting but they did it all the time now. "lydia, stop making a big deal out of everything!" "stiles..." he kept going on about something stupid. "STILES!" that caught his attention. "i think...we need a break." lydia said with a tear rolling down her cheek. "what? lydia no. please you-you can't do this. you are my everything! i love you! baby please don't do this!" stiles said grabbing her hand. she broke when he said that. "i love you too but...i can't keep doing this! the fighting has been non-stop lately! maybe a little break from each other is what we need." oh how lydia did not want to do this. "so that's it? it's over? after everything we have been through?" lydia kissed his cheek. "i love you so much but i think it is the best thing for us." she wiped his tears and left. lydia left a broken stiles and a piece of her broken self.

a few years later

the sun was shining bright in beacon hills. lydia just graduated college and was looking forward for the rest of her life. everyday she regretted breaking up with stiles. she has talked to him but not a lot. surprisingly, scott isn't mad at lydia. he was the first face she saw when she came home. lydia headed to the coffee house and sat alone at the spot where her and stiles used to sit. she put in her headphones and took a book out.

stiles's life had been alright since his breakup with lydia. at first, he was mad but then he forgave her. stiles found a girlfriend, malia, and they have been dating for a year. it just wasn't the same in his opinion. he walked into the coffee shop to pick up malia and his coffees. he walked in and looked at his usual spot he sat at with lydia. he blinked twice to make sure he wasn't dreaming. "lydia?" hr said under his breath. he couldn't go up to talk to her. not yet. he ordered his coffees and waited for his name to be called. "STILES!" the woman yelled.

lydia heard that name and got goosebumps. she turned around and saw stiles grabbing two coffees. she got up and left quickly. as she got out, it began to rain. "damnit" she walked today. it was sunny at first! then she heard a familiar voice call her. she turned her head and saw the blue jeep. "get in please? i can't let you walk home." she hopped in the front seat. "hi." "hello." he started to drive. "um..how have you been?" "just graduated. how about you?" "well, i am working at the sheriff's station." she smiled . lydia remembered how much he wanted to work there. "and...i got a new girlfriend." lydia smiled even though it pained her. "aw congrats! what's her name?" "malia." she already sounded pretty. "nice! hope i can meet her!" "actually, you can come to dinner with us tonight! scott is bringing kira, so you can bring someone." "will due! thanks for the ride!" she hopped out of the jeep and slowly walked up to her house, not caring about the rain. when she walked into the house, she got into the shower. then she let the tears come out. "you did this, lydia! you made him move on!"

stiles watched lydia walk inside. "god i freaking miss her." he whispered under his breath. his jeep smelled like her perfume and he loved it. he got into his house and laid down in the bed where lydia used to sleep with him. "stiles?" malia screamed. "upstairs." malia walked in and kissed his cheek. "so what are we doing tonight?" "dinner with scott, kira, and lydia." "your ex lydia?" stiles shook his head. "ok." she grunted and walked out.

lydia had to find a date by tonight. she remembered someone. "aiden...hey it's lydia."

lydia and aiden walked in hand-in-hand together in the restaurant. stiles saw who she was with and got jealous. "hey guys!" she hugged everyone except for malia. "lydia this is malia." "his girlfriend." she cut in. lydia shook her head and smiled. "this is aiden." he waved. stiles rolled his eyes as aiden kissed her cheek. they ordered and talked some more. malia was clearly jealous of lydia. she gave her the death glare most of the time. stiles kept looking at lydia when she wasn't paying attention and lydia looked at stiles when he wasn't paying attention. they ate and left. the girls went outside while the guys paid. "shoot forgot my purse." kira said. it was only malia and lydia. lydia was about to open her mouth but malia cut her off. "stay away from stiles. he is mine! i know your past with him and i saw the way you were looking at him at dinner! just stay far away from him! you broke his heart before!" lydia stood there in shock. the guys and kira walked out. "lets go, aiden. bye everyone!" she quickly walked into his car. "so.." "drive me home." he tried to kiss lydia. "stop! drive me home!" she got out of the car and punched him in the face. she walked home in heels from the restaurant.

lydia's phone died and she wasn't answering any of stiles's phone calls when he got home. "i should go check on her." "no." "she might be hurt!" he put on shoes and headed towards the door. "stiles, no stop! she wants to get with you and i cannot have that! you are mine!" "malia, she could be hurt or worse! i care about her too much to just let her-" "walk out that door and we're through." "what?" "did i stutter? i threatened lydia already and now i have to threaten you." "i cannot believe you, malia. i love lydia. you don't threaten the person i love." and with that stiles was out the door.

he drove to her house, aidens's, and back towards the restaurant. he was about to drive home when he saw a petite figure walking down a dark street. he drove up next to her and called her name. "lydia please get in the car." "no, i was told to stay far away from you! i am not messing up your happiness again!" stiles stopped the car and ran up to her. "you could never do that." "i did before!" "please get in the car! that would make me happy." he said touching her cheek. she rolled her eyes and got in. "what happened with aiden?" "i don't want to talk about it." she said looking out the window. "i broke up with malia." "i shouldn't have came back! i should've stayed at my old place and never came back!" "why?" "i messed up your relationship! when i broke up with you i was so stupid! i cried myself to sleep every night! i shouldn't have broken up with you!" the whole car ride was silent.

lydia got dropped off at her house and stiles drove home. he sat up in bed thinking about lydia and what she said. stiles grabbed his car keys and ran to his jeep. he pulled up in front of lydia's house and knocked on the door. when the door opened, he saw lydia with mascara running down her cheeks. "lydia, i love you so much and i don't know what i would do without you. my life is horrible without you in it." he kept going on. "stiles?" "yes lydia?" "just shut up and kiss me." stiles ran into lydia's house and kissed her. they were in the middle of her living room then made their way into her kitchen. stiles picked lydia up and set her on the counter. lydia wrapped her legs around his waist. "i.missed.you.so.damn.much." he said in between kisses. she just nodded. "i missed you too."