Pizza and Happiness

dedicated to kenhen42

"stiles, delivery for 423 maple." his boss said through the kitchen. "coming." stiles picked up the hot pizza and started to head out the door. "last pizza for the night."  "night, boss."

did stiles see himself as a pizza delivery man? no, but he has nothing better to do. after graduating college, he had to take care of his dad so he had to stay close to home. the only person he stayed close to was scott. everyone else lost contact. the person he missed the most was lydia. the girl he has loved since the third grade. what he would do to see her again.

he pulled the jeep up to 423 maple street. he walked up to the big house and knocked on the door. he looked down at his beat up converse as he heard the door open. "pizza for-" he looked up at the red eyed strawberry blonde. "l-lydia?" she saw who the man holding the pizza was and quickly closed the door.

stiles just saw the girl he loves crying before him, slam the door in his face. "lydia? it's me stiles! please open up!" "just leave me alone." those four words brought back the memory of lydia crying in her car and stiles trying to cheer her up. "lydia please open the door! i haven't seen you in years, just talk to me! plus your pizza is getting cold!" he heard the door unlock and the door open. the short girl tried hiding her face from the running mascara and bloodshot eyes. "damnit, i missed you." he engulfed her in a huge hug. she hugged back and he could feel her tears in her shirt. "please let me come in." she nodded and he followed her into the home.

the two sat across from each other on the floor in complete silence. there was no furniture. "when did you get back?" "a week ago." he saw a bunch of boxes and unfinished furniture. "were you going to tell me? or text me? or tell me you were ok?" stiles remembered how worried he was about her after she left and never called. "i was but..." she looked away from him. "it's fine." there was that silence again. "how was college?" "fun." "what do you do for a living?" "psychologist." his eyes got wide. "i knew you would follow your science passion but i didn't know human science. let alone mental health." she smiled. "how about you?" "well ya know, delivering pizzas in the day, saving lives by the night." she laughed a little. he smiled seeing her happy. "my dad's super sick so i have to stay close to home to take care of him." she frowned.  "i missed you. "i missed you too."

"can you tell me why you were crying?"

tears formed in her eyes again. "well, i got this house with my fiancé of two years." stiles got a pang of regret for asking. he too was upset now. he nodded. "and he bailed on me back in new york because of 'work' but i knew-i knew he has been screwing his secretary." she sobbed into her hands. he quickly sat next to her and brought her into his arms. "shhh. please don't cry. i can't stand to see you cry." she looked up at him and he pushed her tears away. she went into his chest and hugged him hard. "thank you, stiles. i missed you." he kissed her forehead. "i missed you too."

lydia and stiles ate cold pizza on the floor. "sorry i look a mess right now." she laughed looking at her oversized star wars t-shirt and messy hair. "your still beautiful." he smiled and she did too.

"you know," he began as he took a bite of pizza "that is my shirt you are wearing."  she smiled and nodded. "yeah i know. i wear it all the time." he gave her a puzzling look. "why didn't you keep in touch? a text every month would've been nice telling me that you are safe." "i didn't want to interrupt your life. i thought you would have a big house, a super model girlfriend- you don't have a girlfriend, right?" he shook his head no. "maybe a kid. i didn't want my feelings of loving you get in the way of your perfect life. i thought you lost feelings." he choked on his pizza.

"i waited for you. i never lost them." he said under his breath. this time, lydia choked on her pizza. "i may have been engaged but i loved you every second i was with him." she crawled an inch closer to stiles. "i had so many girlfriends but none of them compared to you." he crawled an inch closer to lydia. "i said your name countless times when i was with him." she crawled closer. "i did the same." he got a little closer. "i love you." they said at once. with that they both began to kiss each other. it started sweet but got a little rough. "stiles?" he kissed her neck and looked up at her. "promise me you will always be there." "i'm not going anywhere, beautiful."

"thanks for the pizza." she giggled.

LOVES!!! I MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH! I AM BACK! I AM SORRY FOR NOT WRITING! I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY AND STUFF UGH I MISS THIS! I AM BACK WITH THE PROMPTS SO GO COMMENT OR TELL ME WHAT YOU WANNA SEE! LOVE YOU ALL❤️