Chapter 30

Three hours later everything was ready. There was a big fire pit, lights, food, blankets and pillows. Annabeth decided it was time to find Percy and try and talk to him before the party. She walked around camp until she saw him, she watched him walk into the amphitheater. She followed him.

"...I don't know what i feel for her. She makes so happy and i love being with her, but i can't. You know that better than anyone." She thought for a fleeting second he was talking about her.

"Percy it will all work out for you in the end, thousands of years from now, but someday. I promise you that." She walked in and cleared her throat. He was talking with Hestia.

"I'll leave you two to, talk." She looked pointedly at Percy before she disappeared. Percy looked like he wanted to argue with her and looked upset when she left.

"What." He turned to her not moving from his spot next to the fire. With the flames coming up around his body, he looked like a god.

"I wanted to talk to you. About us."

"Look Annabeth there really is nothing to talk about, what i told you was true and i'm guessing Piper told you about her guess." She knew what he was talking about.

"Yes she did, but that's not for me to know. I wanted to apologize, it really was the biggest mistake i ever made, but i know you meant what you said and i accept that now. Could we at least try and be friendly again, it's weird having you only call me Annabeth." He softened a bit.

"I guess, but i don't think you understood how much it hurt. I lost my mother, she was the only thing that meant more to me then you. Then, i thought i finally could talk to you, and there you were. It crushed me in ways nobody would ever understand. I spoke to my mom and i accept her death knowing i'll see her one day."

"I know and i'm really sorry, i never wanted to hurt you. I guess i finally gave in after he kept bugging and pressuring me and you were so distant..."

"Wait he pressured you into doing that, you didn't go to him or he didn't just ask you and you agreed?"

"I'm really sorry i shouldn't have listened to him and..."

"Annabeth did he or did he not do that?"

"He did, i wouldn't have done it if he hadn't kept bugging me." He shot up fire burning in his eyes. He started to walk away. "Percy." He turned around. "Friends?" She could hear how needy she sounded, but she didn't care. She wanted his friendship back.

"Friends." Then he left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N. Im sorry i needed a little bit of happy percy before i make him sad again. He will get some more happy time though.