CHAPTER 34

On call~
🤦‍♀️D A D D Y's🤷‍♀️BBY: Hello?
Me: Dad, what are we?
I suddenly asked.
🤦‍♀️D A D D Y's🤷‍♀️BBY: gangsters~ . . . Wae
Me: For how long has our family been gangsters for?
🤦‍♀️D A D D Y's🤷‍♀️BBY: Since 1878 . . . Wae?
Dad asked but ingored him and continued asking him question.
Me: are we good gangsters or bad gangsters.
🤦‍♀️D A D D Y's🤷‍♀️BBY: Good. Why do you keep asking me this questions.
Of course, i ignored him and kept asking.
Me: dad whats our background.
🤦‍♀️D A D D Y's🤷‍♀️BBY: im spanish and chinese, and your mother is korean and America.
Me: ok thanks.
🤦‍♀️D A D D Y's🤷‍♀️BBY: is that it. Why wouldnt you tell me why you keep asking me these questions.
Me: no reason. Ok thats all. Im going to hang up bye.
🤦‍♀️D A D D Y's🤷‍♀️BBY: JEZEBEL, GRA—
End of call~

Everyone still looked shocked when they heard the conversation with my father. "Now do you believe me, because today was the very first time i ever said that i was a gangsters daughter. Now that you know the truth, i would like it if you guys don't say a word, about me to anyone. I always get angry at my little siblings, for going to school and saying that their father is a gangster. But here i am saying that i am a daughter of a gangster. Hah guess the jokes on me" i said. It very awkward now since everyone is quiet.

"And I'm sorry i caused a scene here, i don't have good temper" i bowed at everyone,but contuined on talking. "and my name is Jezebel Gray Chen" i said as i bowed again,but this time some of them bowing back at me. I faced the guy and asked him how much does, my grandpa need to pay for the rent. "$250", the guy said. I looked at grandpa and he nodded his head. I payed the guy and then entered grandpa Choi' house. His house looks so nice and cozy. It was small, but there was enough room for him.

"is it true" grandpa suddenly asked. "ne, i was going to tell you. But not like that. I wanted to tell you when we continued our conversation. Like over tea or coffee or dinner or something suitable for a proper converstaion." I said as he hand me a cup of milk. I looked at him and said " how did you know i like drinking milk ", so surpirsed, he just shrug his shoulders and said. "i doono, i guess it what girls like to drink when they feel down or when their about to go to sleep. It must help them sleep well at night."

After hanging around, at grandpa Choi house, i decided to take him to a cafe, to have something nice to eat. Then we went to the markets, since he didnt have that much food in his fridge, when i checked.
"yah, yah you dont have to buy me food for home, the cafe was enough" grandpa whined. "but then, i wouldnt be good of me, cos that would mean u was being a very bad granddaughter" i whined at him. We both started laughing at our sillyness. When we were done shopping we drove back to grandpas house. I made him some dinner to have since i wont be with him. I have to be in front of the little ones school by 3.

When i was done cooking his dinner. I then decided to make some side dishes cos people say elderly like to wake up in the middle of the night and eat. So i made sure i made extras of everything i made. I hop down on the couch and watched what grandpa was doing. He was watching the news. Worst part of it, was a bunch of teenagers having punch-up fights.

"agioo, young kids this days always fighting. Its either about boys or boyfriends or just then hating each other for stupid reasons. Back in the day, me and my friends were never like this" grandpa complained. Suddenly he turned to me and pointed at the tv and said. "i dont want to hear or see you doing this ok". I didnt say anything avoid gis and laugh nervously. "wae?" Grandpa asked. "sorry grandpa, but that's me" I said pointing at the tv. "WHAT!" he yelled making me jump at bit.

"that's  me and my friends, but im the one fighting" i said, smiling sheepishly the at grandpa. Grandpa smacked head. "ouch. Grandpa, what was that for?" I whined in pain, as i rubbed the part ge smacked me. "agioo, did it hurt, sorry sorry" he apologized, patting the spot he snacked me. "hey, grandpa your can't  get angry. Remember I'm a gangsters daughter" i reminded him,while he nodded at my words.