CHAPTER 45

Driving down the dark street as I silently in the car. The only sound that ringed in our ears was the sound of the rock crumble beneath the car and the radio on low volume. We pulled up in front of Gray's house, parking our car outside of the dark mansion.

I sigh and stare out the window, listening to my parents open the car doors then leave me in the car by myself. I huffed another loud sigh and followed into the house. I walked behind 'Tao' and Gray's dad, everyone spread out in the house.

'Kris' and two other girls walked in the kitchen, I watched their backs fade behind the walls as I took a spot on the wall behind the couch, where my parents sat facing Gray's parents. The house was in dead silence, it was killing me. The only thing you could hear was the sound of everyone's breathing—or their just breathing too loudly—and footsteps.

"HOL!" The two girls in the kitchen yelled. Sound of feet start moving and 'Kris' came running out of the kitchen and straight to the front door. I hear a click open and the sound of wind gashing in the opened space. "Wei, Xiao, what's wrong?" Mrs. Chen's voice cracked in dryness.

The two girls walk out looking shock, both each holding onto a piece of paper. One forefinger and thumb on the edge of the white paper, on the back you could see black ink paged onto it. They passed the paper to Gray's parents and all the kids ran to the back of the couch and read over their shoulder, what was inked onto the paper.

After they all read the note, most of them yelled. "HOL!" They all looked at each other shocked. "What the fuck?" 'Luhan' blurted. No one bothered with him, "Soomi, you . . . Okay?" Mum asked. She was staring, quiet, shocked. She slowly looked up like she's seen a ghost, the colour on her face slightly drained.

"Jihee" my moms name was just barely a whisper as Mrs. Chen called out. Mum hummed and Mrs. Chen and mum had some sort of eye to eye conversation. Mrs. Chen leaned forward, handing mom the paper that sat weightless in Mrs. Chen's hand. I was curious myself, so I pushed myself off the wall and walked towards the back of the couch where my parents sat.

I didn't care about the eyes and looks from the others as I read over the shoulders of my parents. Every single word, I could just hear Gray saying it in my ear. I quietly chuckled to myself when she said don't bother contacting me if you goanna question me to get my ass back home. I made sure to keep my face straight as I read every single word. I leaned back, my arms crossed as I looked up and met everyone's gaze.

Kris came running back in, panting as he forced himself to whisper the words out of his mouth. "It's not there—" What's not there? "the car" what car? I furrowed my brows a bit, but still maintains my straight blank face. Everyone looked at each other, then sighed. "That little brat" Luhan gritted his teeth as he slammed a hand down on to the couch, just above Mr. Chen's head.

"Try callin—" he got cut off by a girl. "No point" —she jerked her eyes to the paper in Mom hand—"trouble maker ain't goanna pick up" kris sighed. "Well . . ." We all looked to 'Xiao', "there's nothing we can actually do about it. We all know that she won't pick up, won't use her credit card anywhere, most likely withdrawn most of her money out of the bank and she won't return even if we spam her with calls and messages. She's goanna leave us all on seen" Xiao said.

"Yeah, like every other time" the girl standing beside 'Xiao' growled lowly. Luhan chuckled a bit, "the only thing we can do now is, wait for her to return. While we wait, we're going to look after Vernon and wait patiently. Nothing will make Gray come home, unless she's done what she needs to do. She gets what she wants all the time and we all know that—well some of us"—they all looked at me and my parents—"she will return" everyone nodded and sighed.

"The bitch is a trouble maker, we all know how she is like. So what's the point of trying to do something now when we can all go to sleep"a girl said, Luhan, Tao and another guy slapped the back of her head. I chuckled as she whined and rubbed her head in pain. After that the parents spoke and we were now walking back to the car.