Prologue

You ever see that girl in school who never bothers anyone, keeps to themselves and has somewhat decent grades. That girl is me. It's not that I'm unpopular, it's just I'm trying to get through high school with as little issues as possible.

I've been like that all through school. Elementary I played with other kids, but by the time I hit middle school, we just all veered in different directions. By the time I hit high school, all I wanted to do was get through it.

Kind of sad if you think about it. Here I am just existing during my teen years, trying to get through school so fast. In a blink of an eye, you're out of school and are an adult, holding down some mediocre job, you have to go to pay your bills and come home to a family that you have to take care of.

I guess over time I realized nothing ever works out the way you plan on it and you have to deal with life.  Being a teen sucks.

"Molly!  Are you ready?  You're going to miss the bus," Mom yelled.

Did I mention my mom likes to nag, a lot?  As for my dad, well, do weekend visits, count?  I came from what you would call a typical divorced home. Mom had custody and dad had weekends.  Yeah, another thing I wasn't crazy about and forget marriage. If I learned anything from the people who I refer to as Mom and dad, is that marriage never works out.

"Molly!"

Sigh.  See I told you.

I grabbed my bag and begrudgingly made it downstairs. 

"Cheer up Molly, it's your senior year," she said with a cheery smile.

I gave her a look and said, "Then why don't you go?"

"Molly."

"Fineeee, I'm going," I said as I traipsed out the door to the bus stop.  Geez, the woman gives birth and she thinks she's the queen bee or something.

I stood waiting for the bus along with a few other kids. I kept to myself. It was easier that way. As soon as the bus pulled up I was the last to get on. I took a seat somewhere in the middle.  There was talk buzzing around me.

I've gone to school with these people for twelve years and never once have they ever acknowledged my existence. I shook my head.

We pulled up to the next stop and some more kids got on. A girl found her way to my seat.

"Hey, Molly," she greeted me.

"Hey."

Kinsley Maxwell, one of the few girls I actually talk to who don't annoy the living piss out of me. My glasses slid down my nose and I pushed them back up.

"What did you do this summer?" She asked softly.

I sighed, "Same ole, same ole.  Stayed home, I went to dad's."

"Oh, that's nice," she smiled. That's nice?  What is she talking about?  That's hella boring going to my dad's place.

"Well, if you aren't doing anything this weekend, maybe we could have a sleepover?"

"I can't. I have to go to my dad's."

"Oh, well, maybe next time."

Doubt it. The only way I would get out of going to dad's, if he fell off a cliff or got a girlfriend at least. Don't get me wrong, I love my dad, but all want to do is sit around the house.  Our visits usually consist of him watching TV and me hanging in my sparsely furnished bedroom.  Yep, I lead an exciting life.

The bus pulled up in front of the school and I got off. Kinsley said bye and I stood there. I took a deep breath and let out a sigh. Another year, another time to stay hidden.

At least Mom was right about one thing, this was my senior year and what I didn't realize was it would take one person to change my perspective on my whole outlook on life.

My name is Molly King and this is how I went from being a hidden wallflower to someone everyone knew without me knowing it.

God saved us all.