Chapter 20

ALEX'S P.O.V.

At 6 pm we were all in the backstage preparing ourselves for the last concert of the tour. We were in Finland. I had always wanted to come here, and I also had some friends here I made some time ago. I didn't think I was going to see them since we didn't have much time before coming back to LA, but at least I was here.

It was cold here, I had to admit it.

I was wearing a pair of black skinnies, a long sleeve black t-shirt with “Set the World on Fire” written on it. A pair of white snow boots and a white anorak with fur in the hood. It was fake fur, okay? I didn't kill animals for clothes.

I was talking to Jinxx while he was doing his make up. I couldn't understand how they wanted to play shirtless with the cold.

I sat down in a chair next to him. It apparently had little wheels, what made my night. I was like a little child spinning around all the time.

– So, how was the interview? – I asked as I stopped spinning.

He tensed for a moment then shrugged.

– It was fine – why did he tensed? What happened during the interview?

– It's all fine? – I asked concerned.

– Yes, of course – he finished applying his eyeliner and looked at me.

– Can you help me with the arms? – he asked, offering me the sponge and the black paint.

I nodded and starting tracing lines in his arms.

He changed the subject almost immediately. I frowned for a moment but let it go.

I went to the bathroom for a moment. I kept thinking about the weird behavior Jinxx had before. When I came back from the bathroom I was snapped out of my thoughts by a bear hug.

– Hey Alex!, long time without seeing you – What the hell? Was he really him?

JINXX'S P.O.V.

I didn't really know why I tensed when she asked me. It's not like anything happened. I just couldn't stop thinking about Sammi and I. Why we started dating, how we used to be together, why and how we broke up...everything was in my head and made me have a huge headache.

I took a pill. If I had to play guitar in five minutes, the worst thing was a headache.

And I also felt horrible, because I was with Alex, and I loved her. Why was I thinking of Sammi if Alex was all I had ever wanted?

I turned around to caught my guitar that was on the couch and stopped to see Alex bear-hugging a man.

Who was he?

ALEX'S P.O.V.

– OMG Lauri!! – I bear-hugged him too.

We separated just to look at each other.

– I thought you weren't in Helsinki – I said smiling.

– I had some free time so I came to see my family and I heard of a concert that was taking place here today so, here I am – he smiled widely.

– Come with me, I'll present you to the guys – I caught his hand and carried him with me where the guys were sat.

– Okay – he slightly laughed as he followed me.

– Guys! This is Lauri, Lauri these are Andy, CC, Jake, Juliet, Sammi, Henry, Mike, Ashley, Jordan and Jinxx – I said pointing to each one of them.

– Nice to meet you finally, I've heard a lot of you – He said to all of them smiling.

– And I hope you're making this little thing happy Jinxx – he patted my head with one hand. I punched his arm playfully.

– I'm trying to – he said half-serious half-smiling.

BVB was called to go to the stage so the rest of us stayed in the backstage, watching them.

Lauri was a great guy. I met him in the UK one time we did a concert there. His band, called “The Rasmus” was great. He had such an awesome voice.

I was lost in my thoughts again when Lauri tapped my shoulder.

– Uh? – I said looking at him blinking.

– You continue losing yourself, don't you? – he half-smiled.

– Yeah – I blushed a little.

I was so used to the chords of Fallen Angels that I heard how Jinxx failed one. I looked in his direction to see his eyes on us. He went to the other side of the stage and continued playing. What the hell just happened?

JINXX'S P.O.V.

He seemed to be a cool guy but he was all the time too near of Alex, and I didn't like it. He knew I was her boyfriend, but he seemed to be flirting with her all the time.

Maybe I was just paranoid...Or maybe I wasn't.

And the other thing that kept in my mind was all the stuff about Sammi and I.

I was so concentrated in my thoughts that I failed a chord. I noticed I was looking directly at Alex and his friend, so I moved myself to the other side of the stage. I needed to think.