Chapter 39

JINXX'S P.O.V.

We walked out of the house and I felt how Alex tensed. I squeezed her hand and she looked at me.

– Are you okay? – I questioned.

– Uh...yeah – she replied. She didn't sound too convinced.

– Everything is going to be okay – I smiled trying to cheer her up. I hoped it would work.

She looked at me doubting but in the end she nodded.

~x~

We arrived at the restaurant Andy had talked me about and found them inside. They were sat down around a big table in a corner to have more privacy if possible.

– Hey – Alex said.

– Finally! – Andy said faking boredom.

– Shut up! You made me work for nothing – she replied glaring at him. Andy laughed.

– You didn't waste the time, did you? – Juliet smiled lifting her eyebrows. We both looked down to our connected hands. Alex blushed a little, I smiled.

We sat down between Andy and CC and when the waiter came, ordered our food. It was nice to be like this again, all together without problems.

ALEX'S P.O.V.

When we ended our food and paid, we went outside for a walk. Even when the night was clear and perfect for a walk, there was almost nobody in the streets.

I felt someone's eyes on me and looked around, trying to find who was it. I saw two mans talking to each other with his eyes on me. I felt really uncomfortable and unconsciously interlaced my fingers with Jinxx's.

He was talking to Jake, but looked in my direction, asking with his eyes. I shrugged, not wanting to worry him with my insecurities.

Since I had to go the next day to the doctor to see if my prosthesis was ready, I had to leave earlier than the others.

– Can you carry me home? I have to rest for tomorrow – I said. In really it was because I felt uncomfortable outside too.

– Yes – He caught his jacket that was resting next to him and stood up with me.

– Guys, we're going – Jinxx said.

– Oh, so early? – Juliet asked pouting.

– Tomorrow I have to go to the doctor, remember? – I said. She nodded and waved. Andy joined her.

– You're not funny at all, come with us and party! – Ashley and CC said smirking with an arm over the other's shoulders. I rolled my eyes.

 – Bye bye – Jake said and hugged me.

– See you tomorrow guys – We both waved and went to the car.

~x~

 When we arrived to my house, Jinxx got out of the car too. We walked to the door and after trying twice I opened it. Okay, that was good, I was able to open my own door.

– So, if you don't need anything from me, I'll let you sleep – Jinxx said smiling coming to take his jacket from the couch.

– Wait – I said as I took of my jacket.

– Yeah? – he left his again on the couch and put his attention on me.

– I was thinking that maybe you could stay...ya know, if you want...I don't really feel like being alone tonight – he smiled kindly.

It was true, I felt really insecure for no reason.

– If you want me to, I'll stay – he stroked my left cheek for a moment and then went to the kitchen.

I caught my jacket and went upstairs. I turned on the lights and looked side to side. Stupid of me. What are you afraid of anyway? I went to my bedroom and left the jacket on my desk chair and took of my shoes.

I was deep in my thoughts when there was a knock on the door. I almost panicked but relaxed when I saw it was Jinxx.

– You scared me – I said with my hand on my chest.

– I saw it – he said and frowned.

– What are you afraid of Alex? – he asked, leaving a glass of water on my desk.

– I don't know – I plopped down on my bed.

– So, what's the point in that? – He asked sitting down next to me and stroking my hair. I slightly moved my shoulders up.

– Don't be afraid, I'm here with you – I sighed.

– I'm just freaking out – I stood up, going to the bathroom.

I washed my face and sighed at my reflection. I came back to my bedroom and found Jinxx lying in my bed with his eyes on the ceiling.

I laid next to him, looking in the same direction and interlaced our fingers. He smiled and looked at me.

– Aren't you tired? – he asked. I thought about it.

– A little – he pecked my cheek and rested his forehead against it.

We stayed there for a while before he stood up.

– You're falling asleep; change your clothes and go to bed – he said smiling sweetly.

I sighed and stood up.

– Okay, dad – I stuck my tongue out at him. He did the same and laughed a little.

I caught my pajamas, which were a pair of black shorts and a black and blue t-shirt. I went to the bathroom and changed. Once again I looked myself in the mirror and sighed, then came out.

Jinxx wasn't in the room. I frowned for a moment, where was he now? This man was like a ninja or something.

JINXX'S P.O.V.

I scratched my hair as I went out of the kitchen. I almost broke the glass I was carrying when I hit my knee with the table. Note to myself: turn on the lights!

I walked upstairs again and stopped at a wall full of photos of everyone. I smiled when I saw the photos we've taken when we were young. She kept everything that?

Alex appeared from her bedroom moments later. I smiled at her and looked at her pajamas. Damn this girl was sexy.

She came to me and I half-hugged her as I continued looking the photos.

– You kept everything – I said, not exactly like a question.

– I tried, these are my memories – she said looking at them; I could almost see the sparkles in her eyes.

We stood there I don't know how much time, the photos reminding us of better and worse times, but my thoughts were interrupted by a sleepy Alex yawning.

I looked at her and smirked.

– Let's go to bed – I said directing her to her bedroom.

– Do you mind if I sleep in boxers? I don't have my pajamas here – I asked as she laid on her bed.

– I don't mind – she replied and then yawned again.

I took of my t-shirt, my boots and my pants and laid next to her. She cuddled next to me; I hugged her and kissed the top of her head.

– Good night love – I said with my eyes closed.

– Night – she whispered.