Chapter 34

ALEX'S P.O.V.

I made my way to the hospital's roof and just stayed there, thinking and looking the high buildings of LA.

In my mind a song that I knew too well started and I continued it singing without noticing.

Those times in life we learn to try,

with one intention

Of learning how and when we'll die,

but we can't listen

I wish to god I'd known that I,

I didn't stand a chance

Of looking back and knowing why,

or pain of circumstance

You're not alone

We'll brave this storm

So here's my song I wrote in time,

when it was needed

Through pain of heart or loss of mind,

your burdens lifted

You aren't alone just know that I,

can't save our hearts tonight

You're not alone

We'll brave this storm

Let's face today

You're not alone

You're not alone

We'll brave this storm

Let's face today

You're not alone

This song kept running in my head like if its word were really true. And they were; I had Andy, Juliet, CC, Jake, my parents, my old friends from high school, I knew Ash was trying to cheer me up all the time, even if he was an insensitive like before...but day by day I was doubting more about Jinxx.

He loved me, or at least that was what he said, but he wasn't really proving it.

The thought of what Lauri said came to my mind for a moment. He said that forming a family with me wasn't a bad idea for him...more or less that was what he said.

The door behind me was opened to reveal a tired CC.

– How many stairs are in this fucking hospital – he said breathless. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

– Said the rockstar who is supposed to be able to run a marathon – he half-smiled.

– You know I would win if I participated in one – I smirked.

– Sure CC – he stood next to me looking at the buildings too.

– What's wrong Lex? – he said using the nickname Andy used.

– Just thinking about life – I shrugged.

– C'mon you can tell me – he elbowed me in the ribs playfully.

– I am doubting about Jinxx's real feelings – he rolled his eyes.

– Listen to me – he said making me look at him.

– He fucking loves you, but he's a retarded and he doesn't know how to act when he's with you – I half-smiled.

– What? – CC asked smiling.

– I don't know, you make it sounds funny – He pushed me friendly.

– C'mon, enough fresh air, let's get some alcohol – I rolled my eyes.

– Just kidding – he lifted his arms and then opened the door for me.

– Ladies first – I smirked.

– Thanks Sir – I replied.

We both laughed and returned to my room.

~x~

When we came back there was no one inside. I frowned for a moment then sighed and sat again in my bed.

– If you want you can leave CC – I smiled simply.

He had his arms crossed in his chest and a frown in his face. He denied.

– If I leave now, someone will find 3 dead bodies in the sea – I half-smirked and opened my arms in his direction.

– Come here – I said smiling. He did what I told him and hugged me tightly.

– We'll find a solution for all – he whispered with his head buried in my hair. I sighed and nodded.

~x~

There was a knock on the door. We both separated and looked in the direction of the sound. Andy and Juliet walked in smiling.

– Are we missing something? – Andy asked with his classic smile. I rolled my eyes.

– Hi Alex, how are you? – Juliet came and half-hugged me as she left her bag on the armchair.

– Here I am – I shrugged and slightly sighed.

– It could have been worse – Andy smiled reassuringly.

– I guess you're right – I said lost in my thoughts.

There was a moment of silence and then Juliet spoke.

– I'm staying here tonight with you – she stroked my hair kindly.