Given and Taken Opportunities

That bright and sunny Friday morning, instead of laying around in his own bed, Andrew was laying in Madison's. He was dressed in a pair of black sweatpants and black socks while Madison was walking around her room in pink short shorts and a matching pink bralette. When she finished cleaning up the garbage of their food wrappers from last night, she walked around the bed and over to Andrew who was laying down with his legs dangling over the side of the bed.

"Move, this is the side I sleep on. It's more comfortable." She complained with a gentle smile.

Andrew looked down at himself before looking back up at her. "Move me." He spoke with a smirk.

Madison attempted to do just that by pushing on his side to roll his over, but she couldn't do it. Amused by her attempts, Andrew scooted over and let Madison sit down next to him. Once she sat down, she heard a knock on the door before seeing a head pop in through the small crack in the door.

Andrew looked up and saw Madison's younger sister Avery standing there. She didn't make eye contact with Andrew as she just stared at her sister.

"I'm here. Mom's making breakfast. Dad dropped me off before work." Avery said quickly before walking out the room.

"I see you two are still best friend." Andrew said sarcastically as he stood up and grabbed his jacket off the ground. He stepped into his slides and walked around the bed so he was standing next to her.

Madison scoffed as she gave him a kiss goodbye. "Yeah I know. My mom knows you're here. You can stay for breakfast."

Andrew shook his head as he head towards the bedroom door. "Can't. Ethan texted me. There's a fundraiser today and Mateo wants me there to help out. I'll see tomorrow if you don't come today."

"Where's it at?" Madison asked, standing up so she could put her blue robe.

Andrew looked back at before he walked out. "The playground behind the elementary school on Berbank. Giving kids football courses and cheerleading courses. $20 per kid."

Madison shook her head slowly. "I'll skip it. I'll see you tomorrow."

Andrew nodded his head to her before leaning her room and going downstairs. When he got to the bottom, he made his way out of the house and even said goodbye to Avery who was sitting in the living room just before the foyer.

~**~

A hours later in the middle of the afternoon, Mila was sitting in a chair with her feet up on the hospital bed in front of her. She was visiting Diego in the hospital and had skipped the fundraiser for today. She was talking with him as he had his hand on her ankles so he could touch her. She was barefoot since she had worn sandals to the hospital.

"Aren't you gonna get in trouble?" Diego asked slowly and quietly, being forced to stare at the wall in front of them because of his neck brace. He was sat up with the bed supporting him by being sat up with him.

Mila shook her head. "No. We're almost done, too. At the end of the night before you and Ricky got in the accident, we needed $6,872. Now we only need $2,296."

Diego's eyes grew wide as he was shocked by what she said. "That's $4,000! How'd you guys get that much?!

Mila chuckled as she nodded. "It's $4,576 to be exact. I guess when you and Ricky crashed your car, people wanted to help even more. That's why I'm not at the fundraisers. Don't need to be anymore."