Reminisce

Thursday night, a peaceful night with the stars glimmering down over Texas. Mila was dressed in a black sweatshirt crop top, dark green jeans, and her favorite pair of slides when she had parked her car in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant. When she pulled up in her mom's car, she saw Jose and Diego waiting for her.

The literal moment Mila climbed out of her car, Jose padded Diego's arm and walked inside. Mila smiled to the Mexican boy walking inside before turning towards her boyfriend and giving him a bright white tooth smile.

"Hey, baby. What's up?" Mila smiled. She stood on her toes and kissed him since Diego couldn't lean down to kiss her like he usually would.

Diego just sighed. "I ain't gonna beat around the bush. We gotta talk."

All happy emotions left Mila's face as her stomach dropped. She held on tightly to her keys as she prepared herself for the worst.

"Are you breaking up with me?" She whispered.

"No." Diego answered, not being able to shake his head like he wanted to because of his neck brace. "But you might break up with me."

Mila chuckled nervously. "Why would I do that? What'd you do?"

Diego sighed as he scratched the stubble growing on his jaw and cheeks since he stopped trying to shave since the car accident. "I was at practice the other day. We...ummm....alright there ain't no easy way to say this. Mateo wanted this old play that I had. Jose didn't have it so he wanted me to send it to the group chat for us football players. So, I guess I had gotten distracted and didn't pay complete attention to which photo—"

"Diego, stop rambling." Mila said sternly. "What did you do?"

"I send one of your nude photos in the group chat. The one where you're kneeling in front of the mirror...fully nude." Diego whispered.

Mila raised her hand to slap him but stopped herself seeing the brace around his neck. "Eres asqueroso."
(You're disgusting.)

Diego just sighed as he leaned his lower back against Jose's dad's car. "It was an accident."

"That's not an accident!" Mila yelled. "That's not accidentally losing your keys or accidentally mix matching your socks! You sent my photo, that I trusted you with, to all of your pervy disgusting little friends! To the whole football team! How many players are on the team?! 40?! 45?!"

"54." He corrected.

Mila let our a frustrated groan before putting her hands to her face. Diego reached out to touch her body, but Mila slapped his hands away.

"No me toques. No vuelvas a hablarme nunca más." She hissed, back away from him.
(Don't touch me. Don't ever talk to me ever again.)

Diego sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Lo siento. Perdóname, por favor."
(I'm sorry. Please forgive me.)

Mila flipped him off before climbing into her car and starting it up. She reversed out her parking space and sped off before Diego could even attempt to call her back to talk it out.

Jose waited a few minutes before coming back outside and comforting Diego who was mad at himself for making such a big mistake, but he knew Mila had every right to reacting like that.

~**~

That following day, Friday early afternoon, it had started pouring down raining outside so Mateo had practice inside the athletic building. He had the players sit in the conference room and watch football tapes and take notes. While he did that, Danny was in the offices doing paper work with Ricky helping him since he didn't have anything to do during the day anymore.