The Truth

The next morning, Mateo was standing in his kitchen fixing his dress shirt as he drank his coffee. He was waiting on Manny to come out of the bathroom so they could leave.

"Manny! ¡Darse prisa! ¡Vamos a llegar tarde!" Mateo yelled out to her.
(Hurry up! We are going to arrive late!)

When he didn't hear a response, Mateo headed towards the hallway to tell her to hurry up. As he approached her room, he saw the door was wide open and her room was empty. Mateo sighed as he walked across the hallway and to the bathroom. He knocked on the white wooden door and leaned against the doorframe waiting for her.

"Manny. We gotta leave soon." He reminded her.

Mateo heard her voice for a slight moment before he heard her make a noise. Mateo knew the noise so he walked in and instantly saw her sitting on her knees in front of the toilet. She was resting her elbows on the seat as she threw up again.

Mateo waited until she finished to grab a towel and clean off her face. He helped her to her feet and handed her the towel to hold onto. Mateo lead her out of the bathroom and down the hallway so they were in the living room. Mateo left her for a moment to lean against the wall while he went to get a bucket in case she threw up again.

When Mateo came back to her, he traded her for the towel and grabbed his keys off the counter before leading them out the house and to the car.

"Dad, I can't go to work." Manny complained, squinting her eyes from the sun.

"You're not." Mateo informed her and helping her into the car. "I'm taking you to the doctor. If I left you by yourself here, you'd end up passing out from how much you're throwing up right now. Just hold on, we'll be there soon."

"Dad, I'm fine." Manny assured him, but Mateo didn't listen as he closed her car door and walked around the car to get into the driver's seat. Manny leaned her head against the car window and closed her eyes as she realized that her having to tell him had come sooner rather than later.

~**~

Meanwhile an hour later and a few blocks away, Clover was standing on the coffee table in the middle of her apartment while her sister walking around her. Her older sister Destiny had became a dress designer and had to make the clothes herself in their apartment, most of the time it was Clover who was the manikin for her.

"Stay still!" Destiny hissed. "If you mess up my dress, I'll be so mad at you."

Clover rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms. She watched her sister walk around her to make sure the dress had all it's finishing touches. When she noticed the top of the strapless hot pink long gown was loose.

Right when Destiny was about to take her needle and thread to fix it, they both heard her son Sean start screaming from his playpen by the couch