Sickness

The following early hours of the morning, Dante was woken up by the now familiar sounds of Clover's whining next to him. He was about to turn over to say something to her, but she had gotten up out of their bed and go off to the bathroom. It was the routine he had gotten use to. Clover had gotten sick from being stuck in the attic with the players. She would whine since she couldn't breathe out of her nose since it was so stuffed and was forced to breathe out of her mouth. After doing that for a couple seconds, she would than get up out of bed to go blow her nose in the bathroom before coming back to bed and taking at least 10 minutes to go to sleep. All while sneezing a lot in between. Dante would try to help but it just seemed to make things worst.

Dante waited in his position he had woken up in for her to come back. He heard her light footsteps and her sniffles come back into their room before she closed their door, walked on the bed, sat down, and crawled under the blanket. Dante turned over and used the back of his hand to feel her forehead before using his finger to force her chin up so he could feel the front and back of her neck.

"I don't think you have a fever. Want me to go buy you some medicine?" He asked groggily.

Clover shook her head as she checked her phone that was under her pillow. "No. It's 4 am."

"And you're sick. It'll take 20 minutes tops." He assured her, sitting up and getting out of bed. Dante stretched in his pair of black boxers while Clover was dressed in a long sleeve shirt and sweatpants. "You still cold?"

Clover nodded sniffling and grabbing the box of tissues that was in their bed with them for her. Dante put the trash can closer so she could easily throw out her tissues as he got dressed. He put on a hoodie and a pair of ripped jeans he had on last night along with a pair of his black slides.

Once he was dressed, Dante went into his closet and went onto the top shelf. He pulled out a fuzzy black blanket that he kept in there and gently put it over Clover. When she went to pull it closer to her face and their hands touched, Dante jolted his back.

"You're freezing!" Dante bursted out. "I gotta take you to the doctor or something."

Clover groaned as she pulled the blanket over her face. "No! I'm fine."

"You sound like a frog." Dante joked. "Alright, I'll be back in a little bit. Try and get some sleep while I'm gone."

He kneeled on the bed and kissed the top of her head. He just heard her stuffed nose breathing from under the blanket and her hummed response. Dante got up, walked out of their room, and closed the door  behind himself. He walked down the hallway and could hear the snores of his best friends since their bedroom doors were open. He smiled widely when he walked by Julio's room to see him and his dog Rocco sleeping in the bed together. Rocco was laying at the foot of the bed laying on his side snoring.

Despite Clover being freezing cold, it was 80 degrees outside and even hotter in their apartment since they needed to get their A/C fixed.

Dante went into the kitchen and grabbed his keys off the counter. He made sure they were his before unlocking the front door, walking out, and locking the door back before he left. He yawned as he made his way out of the apartment complex and to his car. It was dirty and covered in mud from having to drive through the aftermath of the flood, but other than that it was fine.

He had the top up so he just got in and started it up before driving to the local Walgreens. When he arrived, he was the only customer in there. There was only a man in his 40's at the front counter.